In Kansas, Wichita is at the center of everything. As the state’s largest city — with a population of more than 680,000 — Wichita is the commercial, financial, medical, cultural and entertainment hub for the state and a major player in the region.
That level of activity can make living in a run-of-the-mill college town seem a little unfulfilling. From huge annual festivals and serene nature preserves to world-class dining and a thriving arts scene, in Wichita you can have it all. Combine that with endless opportunities for experiential learning and creative collisions with entrepreneurs, dreamers and experts from all disciplines who are working for positive change in the world and it’s clear: Wichita is a virtual utopia for the aspiring college student.
- "The 15 Best Midsize Cities for New Grads"– MSN Money
- "Most Affordable City in the Nation for Renters"– RentCafe.com
- "Top 10 Best Places to Live"– Money Magazine
- "Top 10 Best Value City"– Kiplinger
- "No. 3 U.S. Advanced Industry Hotspot"– Brookings Institution
- "Top 10 Best Cities for New College Grads"– SmartAsset.com
- "Top 10 Cities with the Best Work-Life Balance"– SmartAsset.com
- "Top 10 Most Secure Large Metro Areas"– Farmers Insurance
- "Top 10 Surprising Foodie City"– Livability.com
- "Top 50 Sunniest Cities in the U.S.”– www.nerdwallet.com
- "America’s Least Congested Big City,"– Homeinsurance.com
- "Top 10 Most Demographically American Cities,"– FiveThirtyEight.com
- One of only 15 cities to be named an All-American City four times by the National Civic League.
More About Wichita links