Academic Advising

Once you've been admitted to Wichita State, contacting your adviser is the first step to enrolling for each semester.

Academic advising is available through individual offices listed below for:

  • Degree-bound students who have decided to pursue a major or program in a specific college.
  • Degree-bound exploratory students who have not yet decided on a major.
  • Nondegree-bound students who are enrolled in classes for purposes other than completing a degree.
  • Graduate students.

Degree-Bound — Major Decided

W. Frank Barton School of Business - Business Advising Center
008 Clinton Hall
316-978-3203 or Business.Advisor@wichita.edu

College of Fine Arts - Advising
School of Music: 978-6430 or janet.ives@wichita.edu, 116 Wiedemann Hall
School of Art and Design: 978-3555 or salyi.vu@wichita.edu
School of Performing Arts: 978-6634 or renea.goforth@wichita.edu

College of Education - Advising Center
107 Corbin Education Center

College of Engineering - Advising
300A Wallace Hall
316-978-3420 or engineering.records@wichita.edu

College of Health Professions - Student Advising Services
402 Ahlberg Hall
316-978-3304 or chp.advisor@wichita.edu

Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - LAS Advising Center
113 Hubbard Hall
316-978-3700 or LAS.Advisor@wichita.edu

Degree-Bound-Exploratory or Nondegree-Bound

LAS Advising Center
113 Hubbard Hall
316-978-3700 or LAS.Advisor@wichita.edu

Office of Adult Learning
WSU Metropolitan Complex, Room 142
316-978-8325 or 844-693-5211 or AdultLearning@wichita.edu

Graduate Students

Graduate School
107 Jardine Hall
316-978-3095 or gradinqu@wichita.edu