WSU starting entrepreneur program in Butler County
The Wichita State University Center for Entrepreneurship – in partnership with Butler County Economic Development, NetWork Kansas, Augusta Progress Inc. and El Dorado Main Street – is launching a new entrepreneurial certificate in Butler County, Kan.
“Growing Rural Businesses” will start Friday Feb. 1.
Designed specifically for rural business owners and entrepreneurs, this two-month program provides hands-on, practical solutions and techniques to grow and modernize business ventures in a rural setting.
The program will include small group exercises, case studies and interactive discussions with peers, facilitators and industry experts.
All sessions are held from 8-11:30 a.m. on Fridays from Feb. 1-Apr. 12, at the Public Safety Facility, 2100 N. Ohio, in Augusta, Kan.
The cost is $200 for the 11-week series.
“Growing Rural Businesses” sessions
- Entrepreneurial Mindset for Small Businesss – Feb. 1
- The Marketing Plan: The Roadmap for Success – Feb. 8
- Developing a Comprehensive Promotional Strategy – Feb. 15
- Creating Value for Your Customers – Feb. 22
- The Nuts and Bolts of Advertising – March 1
- Basic Sales Techniques and Practices for Selling – March 8
- Fundamental Tactics and Approaches of Merchandising – March 15
- Keeping a Financial Focus: Impact on Marketing and Business Operations – March 22
- Getting the Best From Others: The Employee Factor - March 29
- Strategies and Skills for Contract Relationships - April 5
- Bringing it All Together: Developing an Effective Niche Strategy – April 12
“Wichita State and the Center for Entrepreneurship have designed an educational tool that combines significant expertise with practical solutions that will increase the capacity of the business owner to adapt to the changing needs of its customer,” said Erik Pedersen, director of Entrepreneurship Communities, NetWork Kansas. “It's a win-win scenario that helps create a more entrepreneurial community.”
For more information on the program, go to http://www.wichita.edu/j/?1741.