Your voices tell our story ...
To highlight the 125th anniversary of Wichita State University, we're seeking participation from the current and former WSU students, parents of students, faculty, staff and community members to gather audio stories about how the university and its people have impacted lives in a positive way.
Some possible types of stories we're looking to catalog include:
- WSU Connections. Friendships, love stories and other connections that have played an important role in your life.
- WSU Mentors. Was there a professor or staff member who helped make you what you are today? Recognize their impact here.
- WSU Student Life. Do you have a good story about fun or interesting things you experienced as a student at WSU? We want to hear about it!
- The value of a WSU education. Did WSU help you turn your life around or elevate your station in life?
- Community Impact. Whether you attended WSU or not -- do you have stories of positive interactions with the university, its students or people?
What are you going to do with these stories?
We'll be curating the best of the submitted stories on the 125th Anniversary website. If we choose your story we will be in touch to confirm your participation. We may also circle back to you for more information, photos or video. The Wichita State University Department of History is also exploring a possible compilation of this content when the year is over.
How do I submit a story?
Just use the SpeakPipe widget embedded below. You'll need to allow microphone access for your computer of smartphone to create a recording. Recordings are limited to 5 minutes.
What if I don't want to record my voice?
We'll also accept written accounts. Use this form to submit your Shocker Voices story.