Hosted by The Dorothy and Bill Cohen Honors College and The Regional Institute on Aging
Incoming High School Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
Looking for an immersive college experience?
Spend 6 days doing hands-on research and gain experience with state of the art technology at Wichita State University.
- Earn 1 credit hour towards your college education through active research
- Gain a complete academic experience—useful for college applications!
- Practice teamwork with other local students
- Expand scientific communication skills
- Explore the features of art in science
- Learn the advantages of attending college
JUNE 10-16, 2018 WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY
Students accepted into this program will spend 6 days honing their skills at WSU Main Campus and gaining a taste for the full college experience. Each student will earn 1 credit hour towards his or her college education through active research and receive a scholarship award to cover the cost of housing, meals, and tuition for the duration of the Institute. A limited number of openings are available, and they will be awarded on a competitive basis. ALL incoming sophomore, junior, and senior students are encouraged to apply with preference given to first generation students.
To apply, you will need:
- A copy of your high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from teachers or counselors
- To list your academic/ leadership awards earned
- To list your extracurricular activities
- Experience with community service
- A personal statement answering the question: What are your academic goals and why? (max 500 words)
- To upload an essay document (1 page, double-spaced, 1” margins) answering one of the
- Tell us about an experience that defines who you are.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure.
- How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
How to get started:
1. Complete the online application at: https://wichitastate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5dw6fReAM0uCqmV
2. Ask your teacher or counselor to send a letter of recommendation
3. Provide a copy of your High School Transcript
Once the initial application process is complete either the applicant, applicant's counselor or teacher will need to submit the applicant's current high school transcript and letter of recommendation. To electronically submit this information please follow the link below. If you have any questions please contact the WSU Conference Office at 316-978-6493.
Transcript and Letter of Recommendation Upload Link: https://wichitastate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e4GN2ChRFpuOFtb