11.09 / Pyrotechnics
The Pyrotechnic Policy for Wichita State University will comply with codes
and standards adopted by the Kansas State Fire Marshal with the following
Copies of the applicable codes and standards may be obtained from the
University Fire Safety Office.
- A plan for the use of Pyrotechnics in University facilities should be
submitted to the Fire Safety Office four weeks prior to the intended use
- No pyrotechnics or open flame allowed in Wilner Auditorium.
- The authority having jurisdiction, at their discretion, may require
off-duty Fire Department personnel to stand by as a fire watch.
- Safety containers will be made available for extinguishment of flash
pots, flame devices, or cigarettes immediately upon leaving the stage.
- Fire protection equipment will be required by the authority having
- The authority having jurisdiction shall take such action as is
necessary to insure the safety of persons, and therewith may order any
performance, presentations, or entertainment being conducted to cease.
December 9, 2016