The purpose of this statement is to set forth University policy with regard to the on-campus solicitation of credit card applications from University students.
Board of Regents policy requires that each Regents Institution adopt and enforce specific policies regarding the campus solicitation of credit card applications from students.
1. Soliciting credit card applications on the campus of Wichita State University is restricted and limited to two campus facilities: The Rhatigan Student Center and Koch Arena.
2. Any solicitations of credit card applications at the Rhatigan Student Center and Koch Arena must be arranged and completed in accord with the specific requirements established by those responsible for the operation of these campus facilities.
3. No solicitations of credit card applications from students shall take place on campus during the week before and the two weeks following the beginning of each semester.
4. Any solicitations of credit card applications at the Rhatigan Student Center and Koch Arena must be accompanied by information on the responsible use of credit and the risks of credit use.
5. Any solicitations of credit card applications from students, including solicitations by any banking institution which has an "affinity card" contract currently in effect with the University or an affiliated corporation of the University, shall be in compliance with the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009.
6. This policy shall not apply to any branch bank located in the Rhatigan Student Center or any credit union with an office on the campus of Wichita State University.
This policy shall be included in the WSU Policies and Procedures Manual and shared with appropriate constituencies of the University.
The General Counsel shall have primary responsibility for publication, dissemination and implementation of this University policy.
October 25, 2002
February 1, 2010