Improved spaces and technology
If there’s one building on campus that touches every Shocker, it’s Ablah Library. The university has received a lot of feedback on how the library can better meet the needs of students—and we’ve developed a plan to do just that. This project will allow Ablah to make many of the upgrades students have requested—including an expanded 24-hour study room.
- A larger 24-hour study room with additional seating, restroom access and connection into the main foyer.
- Additional technology-rich creation/project spaces focused on supporting digital humanities and social science activities.
- Newly developed Academic Forum space on the first floor.
- Compact shelving that creates space for the growing print collection and frees up space on the top floors for additional collaborative areas.
- Small and large seminar/collaboration rooms with movable glass walls.
How we got student feedback:
- Requests from library patrons
- Conversations with student leadership
- Surveys and editorials
- Suggestions from our student employees
Ablah Library concepts