What faculty and staff can do:
- Send students to OneStop for personalized help with admissions, advising, financial
aid, registration and student accounts: Jabara Hall, Room 122 or wichita.edu/onestop
- Learn to identify students who are at risk from a wellness or academic standpoint
and where to refer them for help: wichita.edu/counselingtesting or wichita.edu/ssc
- Familiarize yourself with the Wellness Services Departments and what they offer.
- Encourage students to meet with their advisor each semester.
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities to maintain best practices
- Understand the learning outcomes and goals of advising, and refer students accordingly.
- Create and complete a campaign using the Student Success Collaborative (contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information).
- Utilize completed Success Plans with new students in the advising process (contact
email@example.com for more information).
- Explore different department websites to learn about their student resources.
- Engage with students more and ask them how you can help.
- Refer students who may need extra support to the Office of Student Success: wichita.edu/success
- Assume the best in students and look for their strengths; find ways to remove their
Back to SEM Home