Recruitment Faculty Fellows
Pictured above from left to right - Back row: Jolynn Dowling, College of Health Professions; Bobby Berry, College of Education; Fran Connor, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Eric Wilson, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Front row: Justine Sasanfar, College of Fine Arts; Kara McCluskey, College of Engineering; Vicki Opalewski, College of Education; Dotty Harpool, W. Frank Barton School of Business.
The Recruitment Faculty Fellows were selected through nominations and applications initiated by the Strategic Enrollment Management process. Late in the fall of 2016, the work of the fellows began under the auspices of reaching Goal 1 of SEM, to foster a culture of enrollment growth amongst faculty, staff and students. The fellows have partnered with the Office of Admissions to engage in recruitment activities on multiple fronts, provide feedback about admissions activities, and serve as communication conduits between the admissions team and each of their respective academic colleges.
Activities completed by the Recruitment Faculty Fellows include:
- Making more than 300 phone calls to a mixture of high-achieving and underrepresented students
- Shadowing the university’s campus visit process and providing feedback to the admissions team
- Visiting numerous high schools to provide a faculty perspective on college readiness and academic programs
- Creating and executing unique presentations to prospective students during on-campus recruitment programs
- Serving as featured speakers at large recruitment events
- Recruiting other college faculty to engage in the recruitment process
- Participating in the university’s largest scholarship competition, the Distinguished Scholarship Invitational
- Traveling with admissions staff to recruitment activities throughout the city and region
For more information about the fellows, please contact Bobby Gandu at email@example.com
Retention Faculty Fellows
Pictured above from left to right - Back row: Laura Zellers, W. Frank Barton School
of Business; Shaunna Millar, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Moriah
Beck, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Front row: Abu Asaduzzaman,
College of Engineering; Danette Baker, College of Fine Arts; Cathy Durano, College
of Education; Lisa Belt, College of Health Professions.
As an outcome of the Strategic Enrollment Management process, we have recruited and selected a group of faculty who have shown interest in becoming more engaged in retaining students at WSU. The Retention Faculty Fellows are intended to meet the objective of SEM Goal 3: Increase retention rates of degree seeking underserved student populations by 2.5% yearly through fall 2020. The fellows will work in partnership with the Office of Student Success to help retain undergraduate students currently enrolled to future semesters and years.
The fellows will complete a number of projects including multiple outreach campaigns to students using the Student Success Collaborative platform, hosting out of class social opportunities for students and sharing information about retention services and resources with other faculty within their own departments and colleges. For more information on the Retention Faculty Fellows, contact Kim Sandlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.