ISEG Mentoring Program Application
The Institute for the Study of Economic Growth’s (ISEG) mission is to advance the teaching, research, and application of innovative and entrepreneurial activities in a free enterprise economy to enhance societal prosperity through economic growth.
ISEG is offering a fellowship beginning in August 2021. The program will include mentoring by ISEG faculty and invitations to seminars and networking events. The fellowship will also include a $200 annual stipend, split between fall and spring semesters.
- A current WSU student.
- Students complete a simple application, including a short essay about how participation in the mentoring program aligns with their personal goals.
- GPA 2.7 (B-) or higher.
- Students with an interest in societal prosperity through economic growth from all colleges and majors are welcome to apply.
- The program welcomes both graduate and undergraduate students.
- Attend a minimum of six ISEG related activites annually. There will be six mentoring program events annually. Most events, but not all, will be on Friday afternoons.
- Business casual dress for events.
- Demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and be willing to abide by all program policies and procedures.
- Agree to a one-year commitment to the program, at approximately ten hours per semester. Approximately five hours attending programs and five hours working one-to-one with your mentor.
- Complete the Mentee Contract and Exit Survey.
Additionally, there is an opportunity for three students to serve as student leaders of the program. The student leaders will receive an additional $1,000 stipend annually. In attition to the mentee eligibility and responsibilities listed above, the student leaders would be expected to:
- Contribute new ideas for program events, including gathering ideas from other mentees.
- Help evaluate program ideas contributed by others.
- Assist in the implementation and management of the programs.
- Facilitate new mentee applications to the program.
If you are interested please submit the following information before April 30, 2021.