Advising & Registration Procedures for Current Students
This page provides information on advising and registration procedures for all current sophomore or higher undergraduate (BS-degree) Aerospace Engineering (AE) students.
Note: First-year or transfer students with less than 15-hours of prior university credit receive advising and registration help via the OneStop Student Services office (click here to go to their website).
AE department procedures for advising and registration clearance are outlined as follows:
- Schedule an advising meeting with your faculty advisor (depending on the semester) or the AE Student Academic Success Advisor by email at least one week in advance.
- Last names beginning with A-L schedule the meeting with their faculty advisor in the fall and M-Z schedule the meeting with their faculty advisor in the spring. (You can meet with your faculty advisor during off-semesters if you want, they are there to help.)
- Find your faculty advisor's name and email address by going to your myWSU portal under the myClasses page (click here for link).
- Meet with the AE Student Academic Success Advisor, Angela Blackerby, on semesters you are not required to meet with your faculty advisor. Click here to email Angela.
- Prior to your appointment, outline a tentative class schedule and pick up your student record in WH 200. (Click here for an AE Check Sheet, important AE Tips, and Even More AE Tips.)
- Return your signed student record to WH 200 after completing the advising meeting, to be cleared for online registration.
- Students enrolling in AE 528 should also complete an Application for Degree (AFD), via the link in your myWSU portal. Senior checks are completed, early in the fall semester, in AE 528 with Dr. Miller.
Schedule your advising meeting as soon as possible! Don't wait until the last minute! Advising and enrollment options diminish quickly!
Note: Students in good academic standing who follow the AE Plan of Study (a.k.a., the Check Sheet) might get pre-cleared to register without an advising meeting. You will be notified by an email from the AE office if you are one of these students.
Click here for additional information on how to sign up for courses (after you have been advised).
Click here for common advising and registration Questions & Answers (Q&A's).
Feel free to also contact or visit the AE office (Wallace Hall 200) if you have questions. Laura Cook (click here to email or call 316-978-3410) and the staff are eager to help.