AE-760: ST in Space Systems Engineering
[This page is being updated.]
This course is intended to provide the students an understanding of the coordinated design of spacecraft subsystems that meets the specific requirements of a space mission.
- Introduction to space systems, orbital mechanics review (~2 wk)
- Mission analysis: orbital perturbations, coverage, communication time, constellations (~2 wk)
- Space environment and impact on design (~1 wk)
- Spacecraft rotational dynamics and attitude control (~2 wk)
- Electrical power subsystems (~1 wk)
- Propulsion subsystem (~1 wk)
- Thermal control subsystem (~1 wk)
- Launch vehicles (~1 wk)
- Command and data handling (~1 wk)
- Small satellite engineering and applications (~2 wk)
- Hands-on experience (~1 wk)
AE-415: Introduction to Space Dynamics or Instructor's consent
Fortescue, Swinerd and Stark, "Spacecraft Systems Engineering," Fourth Edition.