Atri Dutta, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering
Principal Investigator, WSU Control and Optimization Research and Education (CORE) Laboratory
Faculty Advisor, WSU Rocket Club
- Doctor of Philosophy, Georgia Tech, 2009
- Master of Science, Georgia Tech, 2005
- Bachelor of Technology (Honors), IIT Kharagpur, 2002
Optimal Control of Nonlinear Systems, Optimization, Space Applications
- AE-415, Introduction to Space Dynamics, Fall 2014-15, Spring 2015,17.
- AE-715, Intermediate Space Dynamics, Spring 2014, 16.
- AE-760, Special Topics in Space Systems Engineering, Spring 2015, 17.
- AE-807, Flight Vehicle Control Systems Design II, Fall 2015.
- AE-773, Intermediate Dynamics, Spring 2016.
Atri Dutta is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Wichita State University. All his degrees are in Aerospace Engineering with the Ph.D. (2009) and Masters (2005) from Georgia Institute of Technology and the Bachelors (2002) from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. His research and teaching interests are in the areas of space dynamics, optimal control, mission analysis, spacecraft design and multi-disciplinary optimization.
At the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech, he developed new algorithms in order to determine optimal maneuvers for multiple vehicles, relevant to the problems of on-orbit satellite servicing and air traffic control. As a post-doctoral researcher at the Princeton University, he analyzed electric orbit-raising mission scenarios and designs for telecommunication satellites. His main contributions are the development of new fuel-optimal strategies for servicing, new integer programming based algorithm for peer-to-peer servicing and multi-level conflict resolution for En Route aircraft, and a new direct optimization framework to minimize radiation damage during electric orbit-raising. Based on information retrieved from Google Scholar on 10/21/16, his research has 132 citations.
Atri hails from the city of Kolkata, India. His first name is pronounced as Otri (O as in Oscar), and last name is pronounced as Dotto (first O as in Oscar, second O as in go).
- Atri Dutta, Paola Libraro, Jeremy N. Kasdin, Edgar Choueiri, and Philippe Francken. "Design of Next-Generation All-Electric Telecommunication Satellites." AIAA International Communication Satellite Systems Conference. Florence, Italy 2013.
- Atri Dutta, Nitin Arora, and Ryan Russell. "Peer-to-Peer Refueling Strategy using Low-Thrust Propulsion." AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets. 49.5 (2012): 944-954.
- Coene, Sofie, Frits Spieksma, Atri Dutta, and Panagiotis Tsiotras. "On the Computational Complexity of Peer-to-Peer Refueling Strategies." INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research. 50.2 (2012): 88-94.
- Atri Dutta and Panagiotis Tsiotras. "Network Flow Formulation for Cooperative Peer-to-Peer Refueling Strategies." AIAA Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics. 33.5 (2010): 1539-1549.
- John-Paul Clarke, Karen Feigh, Atri Dutta, Brian Lee, Sarah Milway, and Clayton Tino Final Findings on the Development and Evaluation of an En-Route Fuel Optimal Conflict Resolution Algorithm to Support Strategic Decision-Making. Partnership for Air Transportation Noise and Emmission Reduction, 2012.