Atri Dutta, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering
*** New student RA positions available ***
Interested candidates should e-mail corelab.aerospace <AT> gmail.com
- Doctor of Philosophy, Georgia Tech, 2009
- Master of Science, Georgia Tech, 2005
- Bachelor of Technology (Honors), IIT Kharagpur, 2002
- Control Theory
- Multi-agent systems
- AE-415, Introduction to Space Dynamics, Fall 2014-19, Spring 2015,17.
- AE-607, Flight Control System, Fall 2019.
- AE-707, Modern Flight Control System Design I, Spring 2019.
- AE-715, Intermediate Space Dynamics, Spring 2014, 16.
- AE-760-AC, Special Topics in Nanosatellite Engineering, Spring 2015, 2017-19 (was Space Systems Engineering in the first two instances the course was offered).
- AE-773, Intermediate Dynamics, Spring 2016.
- AE-807, Flight Vehicle Control Systems Design II, Fall 2015, 2018.
- AE-770-BF, Advanced Matlab (Badge Course), 0.5 Credits.
Atri Dutta is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Wichita State University. All his degrees are in Aerospace Engineering with MS & PhD from Georgia Institute of Technology and the Bachelors from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. His research and teaching interests are in the areas of space dynamics, control theory, space mission analysis and design.
At the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech, he developed new algorithms in order to determine optimal maneuvers for multiple vehicles, relevant to the problems of on-orbit satellite servicing and air traffic control. As a post-doctoral researcher at the Princeton University, he analyzed electric orbit-raising mission scenarios and designs for telecommunication satellites. His main contributions are the development of new fuel-optimal strategies for servicing, new integer programming based algorithm for peer-to-peer servicing and multi-level conflict resolution for En Route aircraft, and a new direct optimization framework to minimize radiation damage during electric orbit-raising.
Atri hails from the city of Kolkata, India. His first name is pronounced as Otri (O as in Oscar), and last name is pronounced as Dotto (first O as in Oscar, second O as in go).
S. Sreesawet, A. Dutta, “Fast and Robust Computation of Low-Thrust Orbit-Raising Trajectories,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol. 41, No. 9 (2018), pp. 1888-1905.
A. Tummala, A. Dutta, “An Overview of Cube-Satellite Propulsion Technologies and Trends,” MDPI Aerospace, 2017, 4(4), 58, pp. 1–30.
A. Dutta, J. Kasdin, E. Choueiri and P. Francken, "Minimizing Proton Displacement Damage Dose During Electric Orbit-Raising of Satellites," AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dyanmics, 2016. (Engineering Note)
A. Dutta and P. Tsiotras, "A Network Flow Formulation for Cooperative P2P Refueling Strategies," AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, 33(5), 2010, pp. 1539- 1549.