- Developed a multi-disciplinary optimization framework to determine the optimal maneuvers
for refueling multiple satellites.
- Determined estimates of suboptimality for solutions to NP-hard problem of Peer-to-Peer
refueling of satellite constellations.
- Developed algorithms to determine minimum-fuel conflict resolution maneuvers for multiple
aircraft traversing the En Route airspace.
- Performed fast-time simulations to assess the performance of developed tools for traffic
scenarios created on the basis of historical data.
- Developed mathematical tools to determine low-thrust orbit-raising trajectories that
minimize degradation of solar arrays of satellites.
- Developed mathematical tools to determine optimal cooperative and non-cooperative
rendezvous between satellites in planar circular orbits.
- Supervised undergraduate students in their tasks to develop models for radiation flux
in Van Allen radiation belts suitable for inclusion within an optimization framework.
Space Mission Analysis and Design
- Developed a mathematical framework to determine the number and type of electric thrusters
required for orbit-raising of small and large classes of telecommunication satellites
within stipulated time.
- Developed a mathematical tool to determine the mass of solar arrays and batteries
to support continuous thrusting during electric orbit-raising.
- Developed new distributed strategies of replenishing a system of multiple spacecraft
resulting in significant reduction in fuel expended during the mission.