Ali Eslami, Ph.D.
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
Jabara Hall 214,
Wichita State University,
Wichita, KS, 67260
Email: ali "dot" eslami "at" wichita.edu
I received my Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA, in May 2013, my M.Sc in Communications Systems and Signal Processing from Sharif University of Technology, Iran, in 2006, and my B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran, in 2004. Over the course of my Ph.D. and post-doc, I had the privilege to collaborate with Professor Calderbank in Duke University, Professor Cui in Texas A&M University, Professor Zhang in Arizona State University, Professor Pishro-Nik in University of Massachusetts Amherst, and Professor Fekri in Georgia Tech.
Office hours, Fall 2018:
Monday 2:45-3:45 pm and Wednesday 3:15-4:15 pm.
- [06/21/18] "Risk Assessment of Autonomous Vehicles Using Bayesian Defense Graphs" is accepted in IEEE VTC, 2018.
- [06/14/18] "A Micro-Scale Mobile-Enabled Implantable Medical Sensor" is submitted to IEEE Trans. on Molecular, Biological, and Multi-Scale Communications.
- [04/20/18] Our research is funded by the NSF EPSCoR FIRST Award.
- [11/30/17] Received WSU's Multidisciplinary Research Project Award (MURPA).
- [11/30/17] Phani defends his Master's thesis. Congrats, Phani!
- [10/18/2017] "Shocker ControlsTM" is presented in METALCON 2017 in Las Vegas, NV.
- [10/12/2017] "Shocker ControlsTM" is showcased in the nationally-recognized 3i SHOW in Dodge City, Kansas.
- [09/12/2017] "Shocker ControlsTM" receives a Shocker I-Corps award.
- [08/20/2017] Stephen Kotiang and Michael Okwori join our group as PhD students. Welcome, Mike and Stephen!
- [06/22/2017] Provisional patent "Internet-Based Remote Control and Monitoring System for Industrial Doors Using Mobile Devices" is filed with USPTO. Meetings with potential custemors started!
- [06/22/2017] Phani wins an NSF travel grant for IEEE Nano '17. Congrats!
- [04/16/2017] "Error Correction Coding Meets Cyber-Physical Systems: Message-Passing Analysis of Self-Healing Interdependent Networks" is accepted in IEEE Trans. on Comm. Ali's first journal paper! Congratulations!
- [04/16/2017] “A Mobile-Enabled Micro Communication Device for Biosensing,” is accpetd in IEEE Nano '17. Phani's first-ever paper! Congratulations!
- [03/06/2017] Received the first-ever Wichita State's Young Faculty Risk-Taker Award, inaugurated in 2016-2017 academic year.
- [11/30/2016] Ali wins Wichita State Ventures' Bright Future Award. Congratulations Ali!
Error control coding and its applications in communications, data storage, and biology.
Nano- and micro-scale communications, and their applications in real-time health monitoring.
Performance analysis and resiliency of inter-dependent cyber-physical networks.
Fault-tolerant quantum computing.
Design and analysis of mobile wireless networks.
Undergrad Students: I am interested in working with undergraduate students in their senior year who are interested in pursuing MS or direct Ph.D. in WSU, in which case they will be assisated in getting as many as fellowships and grants possible. Their research will also count towards Engr. 2020 credits. Please contact me if you are interested.