Transfer Credit

Students in the College of Engineering may transfer in some of their courses from other institutions. However, there is a limit to the number of transfer courses. The staff in the Office of Students Records can assist in establishing course equivalencies for transfer credit. This service is especially recommended for those students who are planning to take a course elsewhere and transfer it to WSU. College of Engineering does not accept for transfer credit any course carrying a grade of less than 2.00.

Transferring from a community college?
WSU has worked extensively with Kansas community colleges to develop a list of courses that will transfer to the WSU College of Engineering. Called Transfer Guides, these lists cover general education courses and basic engineering courses. Follow the engineering list as you take courses at your community college. Community College Transfer Guides

Additionally, WSU provides a service called Dual Advising. This provides you with an adviser at in the WSU College of Engineering to help guide you as you prepare to transfer to WSU. You can make an appointment to come for an in-person visit, phone call, or Skype with the Dual Adviser by filling out the Community College Dual Advising form.

Graduation from WSU requires a minimum of 120 credit hours, with at least 60 of those hours taken at a four-year institution and 45 of those hours taken at the upper-division level. Students seeking a bachelors degree should be encouraged to take no more than 64 hours at a community college.

Does my course transfer?
Check to see if a course at another institution will transfer to WSU by using the Transfer Course Equivalency form. If a course has not yet been evaluated students may need to supply appropriate course descriptions and/or syllabi for transfer credit evaluations.