GRA Position Announcement
Systems Optimization and Analytics Lab (SOAL) seeks a highly qualified PhD student for a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual with outstanding writing skills and a strong background in mathematics, algorithms, and programming. The research projects involve developing optimization models, mixed-integer programming, non-linear programming, stochastic programming, and exact algorithms (e.g., cutting planes and decomposition algorithms) to solve, healthcare, humanitarian logistics, and environmental sustainability problems. A background in operations research, applied mathematics, optimization, mathematical modeling, algorithms and programming (C, C++, etc.) is desirable although all qualified candidates will be considered. Strong skills in CPLEX and Visual Basic software will be considered as a plus.
- Seeking a PhD degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.5 (out of 4) or higher in Industrial Engineering/Computer Science/Math. GPA of 3.0 or higher may also be considered. An MS GPA of 3.5/4 or higher. Other engineering as well as business/finance backgrounds may also be considered.
- Solid background in math, linear algebra, probability, and random variables.
- Familiarity with C or C++ programming.
- An overall TOEFL IBT score of 79 or larger (with speaking score>23) or an IELTS band score of 6.5 or larger is required.
- Provision of the GRE scores are strongly encouraged and will be considered as a plus.
- Strong candidates without a master's degree will also be considered.
Females and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the position above, please contact Dr. Esra Buyuktahtakin (email@example.com) directly and send to her (preferably in pdf/jpeg format)
- A resume
- An unofficial copy of your graduate/undergraduate transcript.
- Unofficial copies of TOEFL and GRE scores
- 3 representative publications or reports if available.
The positions will be open until filled (last updated in 5/3/2017).