The Boeing Scholarship
Deadline: September 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM CT
Thanks to the generosity of The Boeing Company, the WSU SWE section is awarding TWO (2) applicants a scholarship of $1000 each.
Ensure your eligibility by reading the guidelines and submit the requested information in the form below. You must be a member of SWE (join at swe.org, Region i065) to apply for this scholarship.
- Be pursuing an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree as a full time student.
- Have authorization to work full-time in the United States for other than training purposes (student/temporary visas do not qualify).
- Demonstrate financial need based on a completed FAFSA.
- Be of high scholarship merit and potential and have a recommended 3.2/4.0 GPA. However, if a good candidate has a 3.0 and has other qualifications that exemplify what Boeing is looking for in a well-rounded student, that candidate may be considered.
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Provide a resume and contact information including name, email, phone number and field of study
While not required, it is preferred that applicants have an interest in the aerospace/defense or cyber security industry. It is also preferred that the recipient is considered underrepresented (Hispanic, African American, Native American, female) and economically disadvantaged.
If selected, recipients are encouraged to apply for Boeing summer internships and will be asked to submit a resume and contact information to be provided to Boeing in order to be considered for internships and job opportunities.