There are a number of scholarships available to students through both the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures, as well as through Liberal Arts and Sciences.
• LAS Scholarships: Click here.
• MCLL Scholarships: Click here.
• MCLL Study Abroad Program Scholarships: Click Here.
WSU has offered a summer program in Puebla, México for the last 45 years. Find out more information about how you can take part in this life-changing and educational experience: Click here.
Professor Rachel Showstack seeks to hire 1-2 undergraduate or graduate students this
fall to assist with her research on Spanish language maintenance and linguistic ideologies
The position begins on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
• Research assistants needed for study on Spanish speakers in Kansas
1. Transcribe interviews in both Spanish and English and gather information on Spanish speakers, heritage language education and bilingual services in Kansas.
2. Research assistants may also have the opportunity to conduct interviews.
• Must have excellent oral comprehension, spelling and typing skills in Spanish and English and familiarity with Mexican Spanish.
• Must be available to work 10 hours per week on campus during the Fall 2016 semester.
• Awareness of the experiences of Spanish-speaking Mexican Americans in the U.S.
• Demonstrated interest in education and/or linguistics • Completion of at least one 500-800 level Spanish course at WSU • Previous research experience
Applicants must submit:
(1) a letter of interest explaining why you are interested in the position
(2) an updated resume
(3) a list of 2-3 references, including at least one WSU professor, to email@example.com by Aug. 26, Friday