Nancy McCarthy Snyder, Ph.D.
Wichita State University Hugo Wall School of Public Affairs
Associate Professor and Former Director
Dr. Nancy McCarthy Snyder is a specialist in state and local government budgeting, school finance, income distribution and social welfare policy. Her research interests have focused on human service policy and financing of human services, particularly issues of contracting and the privatization of child welfare in Kansas. Dr. Snyder joined the faculty in 1977.
Primary Teaching Areas
Public and Nonprofit Governance; Nonprofit/Government Contracting; Economic Insecurity
- Associate Professor, Wichita State University, 1992-present
- Assistant Professor, Wichita State University, 1977-1992
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research, Wichita State University, 2004-2007
- Director of Institutional Research, Wichita State University, 1998-2000
- Ph.D, Economics, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, 1978
- M.S., Economics, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, 1973
- B.A., Mathematics, cum laude, Clarke College, 1970
Collaborative Community-Based Public Education and Neighborhood Schools: Assessments of Racial Harmony and Issues of Equity." The Innovation Journal, 2006, 11 (3) Mark A. Glaser, Nancy McCarthy Snyder, Patricia Stevens, Crystal Gile and Edward P. Young.