Applicants, please send the following materials to Alan Held, Director of Opera, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Headshot and resume
• A statement of your academic and career goals
• Recordings of four selections in various languages (English, Italian, French, German) and styles. Please submit via Youtube.
After the review of your pre-screening materials, you may be invited to audition. Auditions for the MM in Opera or Voice are scheduled for January 25 and February 15, 2020. The application deadline is December 1, 2019. Late applications may be considered. Additional dates may be scheduled as needed.
Although we do accept video auditions, fellowship and assistantship awards are based on live auditions. If you wish to be considered for a financial award, you must come to one of our scheduled auditions. No offers of admission to the programs or financial aid will be made prior to completion of the application process and acceptance by the graduate school.
Auditions last about 20 minutes and an accompanist is provided. Your campus visit includes the following:
• Individual and group meetings with WSU faculty members.
• Opportunity to sit in on classes and rehearsals.
• Tour of departments, campus and facilities.
• Formal and informal sessions with current graduate students to talk about degree programs and graduate student life at WSU.
• Tour of the local area.
- Bring a list of 5 or more selections in different languages and styles. You may choose your first selection; we will choose 3 additional pieces from your list and spend some time chatting with you.
Specific information for GSA/GTA can be found here:
If you have any further questions, please get in touch. We are very pleased that you are considering Wichita State for your graduate studies.