Requirements for admission to the student teaching semester:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.500;
- A minimum grade point average of 2.500 in music courses;
- Senior standing (90 hours, 200 credit points);
- A grade of C in ENGL101 or its equivalent and ENGL 102;
- An application on file with the music education area and receive its approval. Students
must file applications with the director of music education.
Completion of the following:
- College English I and II, COMM 111-Public Speaking, and MATH 111-College Algebra;
- Prerequisites in educational psychology, foundations of education and music education
- Piano proficiency exam and all other music requirements (including senior recital);
- Physical examination;
- Recommendation by the music education area.
- Must satisfy education requirements for prerequisites not taken at Wichita State.