Wichita State University Bands
Winds/Percussion and Jazz All-State Clinic Day
• Wednesday, October 3, 2018 - 9:00 AM – 12 Noon
• Duerksen Fine Arts Center
* Pre-Registration Fee: $15.00 (payable on the day of the clinic)
• On-Site Registration Fee: $20.00 per student (payable the day of the clinic)
• Make check payable to "WSU School of Music"
The WSU Winds/Percussion and Jazz Applied Music faculty members, who include priincipal players in the Wichita Symphony, will be giving specialized clinics to help students prepare the Kansas Music Educators Association (KMEA) All-State excerpts. These clinics are designed to help students increase their audition potential and selection for the KMEA District and All-State Festival Bands, Jazz Bands and Orchestra Winds/Percussion sections. Many former participants have gone on to achieve success and inclusion in the KMEA District and All-State performing ensembles in past years after attending the WSU All-State Clinics.
- The clinics will involve demonstrations and performances of the All-State audition music, practice habits, address performance/audition anxiety issues, and involve coaching of individual students who volunteer to play.
- Students interested in learning about auditioning, but not necessarily auditioning for the District and All-State Festival ensembles, are eligible and encouraged to attend.
- Every student should bring his or her instrument and the All-State Band/Jazz audition music to the clinic.
- Senseney Music, Inc. will have an exhibit. Students will be able to explore and try Intermediate and Professional line instruments and mouthpieces; and peruse and purchase accessories and repertoire music.
For further information, contact Dr. Steve Oare, Area Chair of Winds/Percussion Studies at email@example.com or (316)978-6434 or Dr. Timothy Shade, DIrector of Bands at firstname.lastname@example.org or (316)978-6424.
Please download the registration form, complete it, and email it to email@example.com.