MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND DAY
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 and Friday, March 1, 2019
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Wichita State University Bands & Senseney Music, Inc.
Key: MSBD – Middle School Band Day DFAC – Duerksen Fine Arts Center
MCH – Miller Concert Hall WH – Wiedemann Recital Hall
• Only electronic registration will be accepted. Registration Fee ($15.00 per student) must be paid by check the day of the event. The registration fee includes the cost of lunch (Pizza and soda).
• Make checks payable to “Wichita State University School of Music”
• All students must have at least one full year of playing experience.
• Each student must bring a music stand.
• Each student must bring his/her own instrument in working order. WSU and Senseney Music will not provide instruments. WSU and Senseney Music will not have repair capabilities at MSBD.
• Each Percussion student must bring his/her own snare drum, snare drum stands and drum sticks.
• There is a student participation fee of $15.00 per student - No Director Fee.
• Middle School Band Day enrollment is limited - first come, first serve.
MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND DAY SCHEDULE
- 8:30 a.m. Check-In begins (DFAC MCH Lobby)
- 9:00-9:45 a.m. Orientation for students and directors followed by a mini-recital by WSU School of music students and faculty! (DFAC MCH)
- 10:00-11:55 a.m. Divide into Shocker and Gold bands for side-by-side playing of music with WSU band members. (MCH & DFAC C104) All percussionists will attend a special percussion session in DFAC C4.
- 12:00p.m.-12:55p.m. Lunch - Pizza and Soft Drinks (DFAC MCH Lobby)
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:55p.m. Master Classes for all instrumentalists with WSU faculty
(Room Locations TBA at Orientation)
- 2:00 p.m. End of Day activities
BUS/VAN/AUTO STUDENT DROP-OFF/PICK-UP – BUS/VAN/AUTO PARKING AND WSU SHUTTLE BUS
• Buses/Vans/Autos are to unload/load equipment and students are to be dropped-off/picked-up at Circle Drive in front of Duerksen Fine Arts Center.
• Buses/Vans/Autos are to park at the WSU Metropolitan Complex, located at 29th and Oliver streets.
• To the WSU Metropolitan Complex from the WSU Main Campus:
• East on 21st to Oliver
• North on Oliver (left hand turn from 21st street on to Oliver)
• Shuttle Bus to Main Campus
• Metropolitan Complex Shuttle stop is located on the West side of the building
• Take the Shuttle back to the main WSU Campus Wiedemann Hall stop
• Duerksen Fine Arts Center is adjacent to Wiedemann Hall
Email completed registration forms to Dr. Steve Oare - email@example.com