Performing Arts Day
for Prospective Students
Saturday, October 27
This is our annual event for prospective students to find out more information about the BFA & BA programs in Dance, Music Theatre & Theatre (which includes performance & design/tech). You will be able to participate in program auditions, interviews & attend workshops.
Representatives from Admissions & other departments will be on hand to assist & answer questions too.
Prospective students must audition
- To be accepted into the Musical Theatre & Dance program's
- For scholarship consideration in Dance, Musical Theatre & Theatre Performance, and must interview for scholarship consideration in Design & Technical Theatre, Theatre Education, or non-performance focused Theatre studies.
It's a fun filled day full of activities & it all culminates in 2 free tickets to the evening musical theatre performance of Seussical!
Schedule for the Day
Meet & Greet: 9-10 a.m.
Auditions & Interviews: 10:15 a.m.
- Musical Theatre Auditions: 10:15 – 3:00 pm.
Please contact Amy Baker Schwiethale to reserve your time
- Theatre Performance Auditions and Theatre Design & Technology Interviews: 10:15 am
Please contact Danette Baker to reserve your time
- Dance Auditions: 10:15 - ? pm.
Please contact Nick Johnson to reserve your time
Theatre Program Workshops: 1-3:50 p.m. (sign-up required before arrival)
- Improve: 1-1:50 p.m. - 20 people max - A workshop that will explore a variety of Improv exercises including the ever popular ‘Spook on the Spot,’ in the Spirit of the Halloween season - taught by Jeannine Russell
Stage Combat: 2-2:50 p.m. - 20 people max - Physical story telling at its most intense. In this 50-minute workshop participants explore a few common stage fight moves, learning how to keep each other safe while creating dramatic interest. Taught by Danette Baker, the only Society of American Fight Directors Certified Teacher in Kansas.
- Stage Makeup: 3-3:50 p.m. - 20 people max - Halloween makeup is more than face painting! Participants have the opportunity to apply their own makeup to create bruises, wounds, or maybe even a zombie - taught by Cate Wieck
Main Stage Event: Seussical 7:30 p.m.
Want to Attend?
Fill out the Audition/Interview Interest Form.
Questions? Need more information?
Contact Stacy via the email below or 316-978-3360