Jobs in Emerging Areas. Some aging studies specialists work outside the boundaries of traditional professional fields. Several thousand professionals have earned degrees in aging studies/gerontology, and most have found jobs that do not require certification or licensing. Examples include entrepreneurs, geriatric care managers, marketing specialists, program planners, and trainers.
Employment settings for Aging Studies Specialist:
- Adult Day Care
- Aging research & policy institutes
- Assisted Living Communities
- Advocacy Groups
- Case Management
- Community organizations
- Elder Law
- State and Government Agencies
- Lifelong health programs
- Long Term Insurance Companies
- Mental Health
- Older adult housing
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Religious Organizations
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
Professional Organization for Careers in Aging
- Kansas Department of Aging | Find Jobs
This site has a list of organizations in Wichita that serve older adults in making decisions that affect their health care and living situation. Use this site to explore your options.
- Explore Careers in Aging Resource website
This site lists several articles related to entering the field of aging.
- AgeWork Career Center
This is the Gerontological Society of America's (GSA) career website. This site provides job seekers and employers with job listings.
- American Society on Aging (ASA) Job Board
This site contains listings of jobs at ASA and other organizations.
- AARP Career Opportunities
This is AARP's career site for job openings and internships in their various departments.
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
This site contains information about job openings and student programs at CMS.
- National Council on Aging (NCOA)
This NCOA's job board website allows job seekers and employers to post openings.
- Veteran's Administration Jobs
This site offers careers that help serve America's veterans.