Honors Living-Learning Community
Honors students are invited to live and learn with motivated and creative peers in the Honors Living-Learning Community in Shocker Hall. For honors students who wish to commit themselves passionately to a cause larger than themselves, put themselves in service to others and practice good citizenship. Through living and learning together, students in the Honors LLC prepare to be successful in Honors, in academic departments, on campus and in the Wichita community.
Students join the Honors LLC for many reasons, but all are driven by a love of learning. The ideal student for the Honors LLC is one who enjoys scholarship, craves challenges, appreciates a diverse perspective on current issues, and wants to be connected with likeminded students and dedicated faculty from the minute they step foot on campus until long after they step off the commencement stage.
- Full time enrollment at Wichita State University
- Work with the Honors Advisor to develop a degree plan.
- Enroll in and successfully completing at least one Honors course in the fall semester.
- Active participation in the LLC community, including: attending LLC–exclusive programs, meetings scheduled by the LLC, and various special events and/or presentations that are arranged for students in the community.
- Respect an atmosphere conducive to study and observe posted policies related to quiet hours and guests.
Goals for Honors LLC students:
- Communicate effectively across disciplines and/or professions
- Contribute to an intellectual, creative, and/or civic community
- Develop a strong student network
- Reflect on individual development
To sign up for the Honors LLC, go to the Housing and Residence Life website.