Admissions and Financial Aid for Online Students
We know that cost, value, scholarships and financial aid are important factors in the college search process. We are very proud that WSU is one of the most affordable research institutions in the state of Kansas.
Simply complete the information request form on this page, and your dedicated Enrollment Specialist will guide you through the application for admission and credit transfer process.
Once you have completed your application for admission, your dedicated Enrollment Specialist will assist you in developing a plan of study based on your current goals and previous college credits. You will also be connected to the Financial Aid team who will help with everything from completing your FAFSA to setting up payment options.
Please note that there have been some fundamental changes to FAFSA. Some key highlights are listed below:
- Prior-Prior year income data: Families will fill out the FAFSA using tax information from the year before the year before the aid was awarded. This will help decrease errors in the application process.
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool autofill: A new tool connected to the IRS database will now enable FAFSA to fill some of the answers based on your information automatically. This will drastically reduce the time that it currently takes to complete the application.
- Earlier launch date: FAFSA was originally open to the public on January 1—it will now be open earlier under the new changes. The NEW date for FAFSA to be open to the public is October 1.
The Financial Aid team can help you with any questions you may have regarding the FAFSA changes. Your dedicated Enrollment Specialist can connect you to the Financial Aid team.
Visit wichita.edu/scholarships to learn more about the scholarship opportunities for WSU students.
Online students at Wichita State University pay in-state tuition—no matter where they live.
- Online Undergraduate Tuition: $325.87 per credit hour*
- Online Graduate Tuition: $404.19 per credit hour*
*Based on AY18-19 tuition rates and may be subject to change. Additional college fees may apply so be sure to talk to your Enrollment Specialist during the application process so that all of your questions are answered.
Like any on-campus degree, our online degree programs have admission deadlines. Students admitted by the priority deadlines may be eligible for scholarship opportunities exclusively for online students.
Priority admission deadline for Spring Semester: December 1
Priority admission deadline for Fall Semester: July 1
email@example.com | Local: (316) 978-7757 | Toll Free: (844) 978-6656