Campus Pic

Wichita State Online FAQ

We want to help you get started on your online journey. Below, we have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact us.

Can I transfer my credits to WSU?
Yes, your transcripts from other regionally accredited colleges and universities will be evaluated for transfer to WSU. Try our Transfer Gateway tool to help you estimate how many credits will transfer over to Wichita State.

How do I tranasfer my credits to WSU?
All degree-bound students and most non-degree bound students must have official transcripts on file with the Office of Admissions at some point. Please send transcripts to this address:

Office of Admissions
Marcus Welcome Center
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount
Wichita, KS 67260-0124

View: Transcript Procedures

How can I find courses offered online?
Use the Online Course Search Tool to view online courses.
1. Select the semester from the drop-down menu and click submit.
2. Apply filters, the screen will automatically populate.

I don't live in Kansas, can I take online courses from WSU?
Yes, if you reside in a state where WSU has authorization to provide distance education.
Learn more about State Authorization requirements.

Can international students complete an online degree?
Because courses are fully online, international students requiring an F-1 visa are not eligible for online programs. F-1 students are allowed to generally take one online course per semester. International students who are studying outside the United States need to talk to an online advisor about their plan of study prior to starting an online program.

This is my first time trying online learning, how do I know if I am ready?
If you are taking a course at WSU, you will likely need to understand how to use and navigate online using Blackboard, Panopto and the university email system. This orientation is aimed at helping you understand, prepare and participate in the online portion of all courses.

View: Introduction to Learning Online

Our Online Retention Specialist will provide focused support in your online courses and will assist you in finding resources to help in your academic studies. These resources include tutoring, counseling, advising, library, math, or writing centers.

Do I need to reapply to WSU again if I previously attended WSU?
People last enrolled at WSU more than two years ago must have their status reactivated with the Office of the Registrar. Please follow the steps listed for Reactivation at

I would like to complete a second bachelor’s degree online, will I be required to complete general education requirements?
Students who previously received a degree from a regionally accredited institution will not have to complete general education requirements. Students may receive a second bachelor’s degree from Wichita State University upon completion of a minimum of 30 credit hours in residence, provided that none of the 30 WSU credit hours is counted in the first degree and provided that all Wichita State, college and departmental graduation requirements are met. Details of requirements will be included in the student’s individualized plan of study that they create with their academic advisor. Students must comply with the policies regarding duplicate use of coursework outlined in the section on double majors.

If the student completed their first bachelor’s degree at WSU, the student will need to reactivate their account rather than reapply to the university.
View: Reactivation Process

What does regionally accredited mean and is there a place I can search if the school I attended is regionally accredited?
The United States Department of Education and the Council of Higher Education Accreditation recognizes seven regional accrediting agencies. Accreditation is a process used by higher education to evaluate colleges, universities, and educational programs for quality and to assess their effort towards continues improvement. Wichita State University is a regionally accredited institution by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.To view WSU Accreditation please visit the webpage for the Office of Academic Affairs. Use the links below to search if the school you attended is regionally accredited.

The Higher Learning Commission
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges/Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Western Association Senior College and University Commission