About the Program
The RN to BSN program at Wichita State University offers advanced placement to registered nurses seeking a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The program is completely online, is accessible 24 hours a day, and can be completed in as little as three semesters or up to six years of part-time study.
Thirty (30) hours of retroactive credit or credit by exam in nursing courses can be applied to the degree. Our program builds on the skills of the registered nurse’s previous nursing educational program. The BSN expands an RN’s knowledge base to provide a means for continued advancement in the profession, and to meet the necessary requirements for pursuing a graduate degree in nursing.
Are you ready to lead?
In today’s ever-changing and complex healthcare environment, registered nurses must lead both at the bedside and in the boardroom. This value-added RN to BSN online program focuses on leadership skills and knowledge to advance the registered nurse in:
- Nursing leadership, management, organizational processes
- Public Health
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Health Assessment for the practicing RN
- Leadership capstone experience
Application & Admission
- Complete: prerequisite course work
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution with an accredited nursing program
- Active Licensed Registered Nurse*
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Successful completion of each pre-requisites with at least a C
- Official transcripts submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions as part of the application process
*If you are a recent graduate of an associates degree in nursing, we will need a timeframe of when you are going to take the NCLEX.
Priority Admission Deadlines
• Fall Semester- July 1
• Spring Semester- December 1
To get started, you will need to meet the application requirements listed above. When you are ready to apply to the program, you will need to complete an online application for admission to Wichita State University. Please see our information about State Authorization before continuing with your application to ensure that we are authorized to offer courses and programs in your state.
If you are a former WSU student, you do not need to reapply to for admission. You will need to fill out the second link listed below.
Once you have been accepted into the program our online academic advisor will help you create an individualized plan of study.
Contact our RN to BSN academic online advisor if you would like your unofficial transcripts. Send email to email@example.com.