University Village Engagement Feedback
What kind of things would you do in your area if you felt the area was designed for you?
The Wichita State Office of Strategic Engagement and Planning asked for community input to use during the development process in the summer of 2021, from mid June-Sept.1. The input, in aggregate, was shared with the private developers who will submit proposals to develop the west and south boundaries of the university, University Village. Private developers build at their own discretion, with a focus on those things that drive broad economic benefit. We saw this as an opportunity to elevate the voices of the communities that make up Wichita State and hope that we can bring the desires of those communities into the development process and help bring to fruition some mutually beneficial opportunities.
We collected feedback to the following statement, "If developed in this area, my family and I would personally use _______________________________."
Results and Themes: Over 550 submissions received
- 91 form submissions mentioning Football stadium/and or WSU Football team. (26%)
- 84 mentions of a grocery store, food and/or market. (24%)
- 83 mentioned a store and/or shop (23%).
- 40 mentions of a restaurant or place. (11%)
- 18 mentions of a park. (5%)
- 23 mentions of dorms (6.5%)