The Office of Diversity and Inclusion takes pride in creating and maintaining connections with various communities outside of campus and within Wichita State University. Our office cosponsors many different events through these connections in order to provide our institution more variety and higher quality in multicultural events and programming. These events range from speakers and documentaries to award ceremonies and cultural festivities, each representing a small piece of the diversity displayed on the WSU campus.
Almost every year, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion has been involved with over 100 events both in and outside of the community. Through programs, such as the Multicultural Student Mentoring Program and the Ambassadors for Diversity and Inclusion, students are given the opportunity to learn more about diversity and the resources available to provide a more rewarding college experience.
Benefits of Diversity and Inclusion
- Take pride in creating and maintaining connections with various communities
- Learn more about global diversity and multicultural relations
- Instant access to utilize global diversity resources
- Unique leadership opportunities inside and outside of the university
- Successful student transition to college life
- Introduction to campus resources, such as our computer lab to enhance student learning
- Opportunity to meet friends and connect with faculty
- Cultural competency to work and lead in a diverse world
- Support systems for academic success
Throughout the year, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion offers an array of academic, cultural, social and outreach programs to students, faculty, staff and community members. We also collaborate with many campus departments and student organizations for various diversity and multicultural student success initiatives.
We aim to cultivate and sustain an inclusive campus that strives for academic success.
Creating an environment that educates, empowers and mobilizes our students, campus and community.
Our Core Values
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion has guiding principles that define who we are as a department and how we approach our job while maintaining a productive, fun and healthy work environment.
- Cultural competency
- Multicultural education
- Social justice