Ambassadors for Diversity and Inclusion are change agents at Wichita State University dedicated to serving and representing the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Ambassadors assist in developing diversity program initiatives, as well as being liaisons to various university committees and student organizations.
Ambassadors consist of WSU students who are committed to promoting deep cultural awareness. They strive to build better intercultural relations while increasing campus-wide participation in cross-cultural and multicultural programs.
Benefits of being an ambassador are, but not limited to:
- Serve as a student representative for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Increase intercultural competence, such as the knowledge, awareness and skills of working with others
- Internal focus on self-growth/improvement
- Lead and/or participate in various diversity-related events and programs
- Take advantage of campus leadership opportunities and acquire transferable skills for the workplace, such as networking with peers, faculty, staff and community members
- Make friends that truly last a lifetime
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a student representative for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion during the academic school year by following the eligiblity criteria outlined in the application process
- Attend all required general meetings and retreats each semester
- Complete the Participation Points requirement outlined in the Constitution
- Be knowledgeable about the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, its resources and inform all constituents about its services
- Promote the Office of Diversity and Inclusion events and programs to the campus and Wichita community
- Maintain ongoing contact with leaders of AALANA (African American, Latino, Asian and Native American), international, LGBTQ and ally groups and religious organizations
- Actively participate in committees to develop diversity program initiatives and fundraisers
Whether you are seeking to get involved with Ambassadors for Diversity and Inclusion or discover other student organizations on campus, ShockerSync is your path to connecting with student life.