APPLICATION WINDOW: May 21, 2018 to July 20, 2018
Thank you for your interest in applying for Ambassadors for Diversity and Inclusion. Before starting the application process, please read the qualifications and responsibilities below to see if you meet the criteria.
If you have questions, please contact Quang Nguyen, Advisor of Ambassadors for Diversity and Inclusion, at email@example.com or (316) 978-6187.
Student Involvement’s policy requires that current students attending Wichita State University comprise more than 50% of membership and the president must be a current WSU student.
All applicants and existing ambassadors must be:
- Enrolled as a WSU student with a good academic standing within the institution of a 2.5 cumulative grade point average and above (no deviations).
- Committed to learning more about the dimensions of diversity and inclusion, particularly race, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation, class, gender and working to build a diverse campus community.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the mission, vision and core values of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the resources available through the office.
- Have proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable in meeting and introducing new students to campus life and willingness to be a leader.
- Eager to take risks and to try new things.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as an ambassador for the full academic school year by following the eligiblity criteria.
- Attend all mandatory ADI General Meetings each semester.
- Participate in any Mandatory Events and complete the Participation Points requirement.
- Be knowledgeable about the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and its resources and inform all community members about its services.
- Promote the Office of Diversity and Inclusion events and programs to the campus and Wichita community
- Maintain ongoing contact with leaders of AALANA (African American, Latino, Asian and Native American), international, LGBTQ and ally groups and religious organizations.
If you believe you fit the criteria above, please go ahead and fill out the application below:
Applicant Recommendation Form
Applicants (who indicate being a freshman) must provide a reference who will submit your recommendation form. Please have them fill out the form below: