Shocker Employee and Dependent Scholarship
University Support Staff (USS) Senate of Wichita State University (WSU) shall exist to promote the interests of all USS employees, to provide an open forum for the expression of these interests, and to facilitate the exchange of information between administrators / faculty / students and USS staff of the University.
The Shocker Employee and Dependent Scholarship was established with contributions to the Wichita State University Foundation and is sponsored by The USS Senate. Our ultimate goal in establishing this scholarship is to help in the advancement of WSU employees and their dependents. The USS Senate feels by establishing a scholarship for WSU employees/dependents they are encouraging employees/dependents to start or continue toward a bachelor’s degree.
Scholarship recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current WSU employee, spouse or dependent of WSU employee
- Meet The USS Senate scholarship guidelines
- Be fully admitted to WSU in a degree bound program
- Be seeking their 1st Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Must meet WSU Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- Complete written essay
Applications must be received in the Office of Financial Aid by close of business
on deadline dates:
Deadline Dates: Fall - June 1st Spring - November 1st