Thanks for your interest in Wichita State. To make things easier for you, we've tried to boil the transfer enrollment process down to five easy steps, outlined below.
1. Get Admitted
Apply online at wichita.edu/apply. We’ll need your completed application, a $40 non-refundable application fee and transcripts from all other colleges and universities you’ve attended. If you have any questions regarding admissions requirements or your admissions status, please call the Office of Admissions at 316-978-3085. Once you've been admitted you'll have a Shocker ID number that will allow you to complete some of the other steps below.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
You will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for federal aid such as grants, scholarships, work-study and loans. Priority deadline for the FAFSA is December 1. But you should submit the FAFSA whether or not you think you qualify for gift aid. Be sure to enter WSU’s school code (001950). Questions can be directed to the Office of Financial Aid at 316-978-3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Register for Orientation
Students will be required to attend a Transfer Transition program. Visit wichita.edu/orientation for a complete list of orientation options and to RSVP for a program that fits your schedule.
4. Schedule Academic Advising Appointment
Contact your college advising office to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
- Business -- 316-978-3203
- Education -- 316-978-3300
- Health Professions -- 316-978-3304
- Honors College -- 316-978-3375
- Liberal Arts & Sciences -- 316-978-3700
- Art, Design & Creative Industries -- 316-978-3555
- Music -- 316-978-6430
- Performing Arts -- 316-978-6634
- Aerospace -- 316-978-3410
- Biomedical -- 316-978-7582
- Electrical, Computer & Computer Science -- 316-978-3156
- Engineering Technology -- 316-978-7582
- Industrial & Manufacturing -- 316-978-3425
- Mechanical -- 316-978-3402
- Undecided -- 316-978-6363
5. Submit Final Transcripts
Once you’ve completed all of your classes at your previous institution, send your
final official transcript to
Wichita State University Office of Admissions, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0124.
For more information, contact Neal Hoelting, Community College Coordinator 316-978-6246 or Neal.Hoelting@wichita.edu