Thank you for your interest in Wichita State! Group visits are designed for groups of 10 or more students. If you're bringing fewer than 10 students to campus, please sign up your students through our individual campus visit program.
Before registering your group, please review the visit information, tips and guidelines on this page.
We look forward to hosting your group on campus!
General guidelines and tips
- Group visits include an Admissions presentation and a 75-minute walking tour.
- Not offered on Fridays, weekends or when the university is closed.
- Scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis with priority given to high school groups.
- Encourage students to wear comfortable shoes, dress appropriately for the weather and bring any gear they feel is necessary for the visit day's forecast.
Arriving for your visit
- You will receive a confirmation email from Ellen Nikkel with details regarding where to check in the day of your visit.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to allow for time to unload students and take care of any personal needs prior to your visit.
- If your group is running late, please call us at 316-978-3085. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, your presentation and / or tour will be shortened or cancelled, as our student tour guides are available based on their class schedules.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
Parking on campus
Visitor parking is available in any green / yellow lot, and there is an hourly charge to park in the parking garage.
Bus parking is available south of Charles Koch Arena and at Eck Stadium.View our campus parking map
Groups have the option to pay to eat lunch on campus during their visit. Your options include:
- Shocker Hall Dining: Our all-you-can-eat dining facility on campus. Please contact WSU Dining Services at 316-978-3477 to arrange lunch tickets if your group wishes to eat in Shocker Hall.
- Rhatigan Student Center: Includes Chick-fil-A, Freddy’s Frozen Custard, Panda Express, Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes.
We are happy to host your group of Kindergarten through 5th grade students on our campus. However, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions does not offer a formal program for this age group. There are a variety of on-campus opportunities for your students to experience. You can find the contact information for each department and their visit options below. You are responsible for the coordination and any fee associated with any of these options.
Ablah Library - Angela Paul, 316-978-5084, email@example.com
Heskett Recreation Center - tours and activity areas - John Lee, 316-978-5290, firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Performance Lab Tour - Stacy Johnson, 316-978-3340, email@example.com
Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes - bowling and lunch options - Rich Renollet, 316-978-3479, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ulrich Museum - Jana Durfee, 316-978-7116, email@example.com