Academic Interests and Expertise
- 4th year PhD student in clinical-community psychology (Wichita State University)
Areas of Research Interest
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Emotional Distress
- Process-based Therapy
- Psychological Flexibility
- Quan, H., & Zettle, R. (in press). The Contribution of Psychological Inflexibility and Metacognitive Processes to Emotional Distress. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy.
- Bian, X., Hou, X., Zuo, Z., Quan, H. et al. (2020) Depression and sleep quality among Chinese college students: The roles of rumination and self-compassion. Current Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-020-00946-3
- Liu, Y., Quan, H., Song, S., Zhang, X., Yang, C., & Chen, H. (2019). Decreased Conflict Control in Overweight Chinese Females: Behavioral and Event-Related Potentials Evidence. Nutrients, 11(7), 1450.
- Quan, H., Tang, Y., Su, T., Tao, R., & Li, B. (2017). The Impact of Experiential Avoidance on Motivation for Substance Use Among Male Addicts: Mediating Effect of Incongruence of Self and Experience. Chinese Journal of Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment, 5, 267-271.
- Association for Chinese Helping Professionals and Psychologists-International (ACHPP)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
Recent Conferences Attended
- ACBS World Conference (2018)
- Graduate Practicum Clinician
- Wichita State University CAPS (2020-current)
- WSU Psychology Clinic (2020-current)
Awards and Honors
- Dora Wallace Hodgson-Outstanding Doctoral Student Award (2021)
George A Lewis Memorial Fund (Fellowship) (2020)
- Dora Wallace Hodgson-Outstanding Masters Student Award (2020)
- Junior Investigator Poster Award at ACBS World Conference (2020)