Scott oversees the Housing and Residence Life department and the office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. He serves on the Student Affairs Leadership Team as well as CARE Team. Scott's office is located in Shocker Hall A building. He has been with the University for 5 years.
Master of Science, Student Affairs in Higher Education
Colorado State University. Fort Collins, Colorado. May 1996.
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
University of Washington. Seattle, Washington. June 1994
- INSTRUCTOR, ED 225- Diversity in Education
- Grand Valley State University 2007-2009
- FACILITATOR, Introduction to Community Development
- Colorado State University 1995 and 1996/Boise State University, Department of Education, Spring 2003, 2004, 2005
- FACILITATOR, First Year Impact Class
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Orientation Programs, Fall 1998, 2000, and 2001
- INSTRUCTOR, Introduction to Student Leadership
- Colorado State University, Department of Education, Fall 1995
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF STUDENTS
Wichita State University, Division of Student Affairs, July 2015- Present
- Directly supervise 4 Associate Directors and oversee two departments of 28 professional staff and approximately 60 student staff.
- Oversee all aspects of Housing and Residence Life and Student Conduct and Community Standards departments including student conduct, student organization adjudication, academic integrity, occupancy management, in-house facilities team, budget development and tracking, marketing, living learning communities, conferencing, and residence life functions.
- Serve a member of Student Affairs Leadership Team, University CARE Team, Cleary Policy Committee, Campus Emergency Response Team, Strategic Enrollment Management Planning Group, and University Retention Council.
- Aid in coordinating Dining Service Contract administration (have worked with Sodexo and Chartwells).
- Responsible for $14,000,000 budget.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR- OPERATIONS
Southern Illinois University, University Housing, September 2014- July 2015
- Supervised the Assistant Director for Contracts, Information Technology Director, Assistant Director for Marketing, and Assistant Chief Accountant. Indirectly supervised 16 full time and 60 student staff members.
- Oversaw all major components of occupancy management; including housing application process, room reservation process, occupancy verification, room changes, and reporting.
- Directed all marketing and communication efforts for University Housing.
- Provided supervision and oversight to University Housing IT department.
- Oversaw department budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll areas.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
University of Utah, Housing & Residential Education, March 2010- November 2014
- Supervised the Assistant Director for Administrative Services, Information Technology Manager, Coordinator for Marketing and Assessment, and 2 Assignments Coordinators. Indirectly supervise the Senior Event Coordinator, Front Desk Coordinator and 50-60 Desk Assistants and Housing Ambassadors.
- Oversaw all major components of occupancy management, including housing application process, room reservation process, occupancy verification, room changes, and reporting.
- Directed all marketing and outreach efforts for Housing & Residential Education.
- Provided vision for management of the Peterson Heritage Center and Marriott Honors Community Front Desk- both of which operate a 24 hour desk and mailroom.
- Coordinated all student move-in and move-out efforts for our department.
- Managed central office, Peterson Heritage Center, and Marriott Honors Community customer service functions.
- Directed Living Learning Community placement and assignment process.
- Served in the Leadership on-call emergency response rotation.
- Oversaw budgets of nearly $1,400,000.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND RESIDENCE LIFE
Grand Valley State University, Office of Housing and Residence Life, June 2005- February 2010
- Supervised 4 full-time Living Center Directors. Indirectly supervised 4 Graduate Assistants and 32 Resident Assistants and 6 Multicultural Assistants.
- Served as primary adviser to Multicultural Assistants. (2007-2009)
- Coordinated Resident Assistant and Multicultural Assistant Training programs and Selection processes.
- Coordinated university conduct hearings involving residential students on a revolving basis.
- Heard damage and judicial appeals.
- Coordinated Housing and Residence Life campus partner meetings with other Student Services Offices.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR RESIDENCE LIFE
Boise State University, Student Housing, February 2003- June 2005
- Supervised 4 full-time Resident Directors, 1 full-time Apartment Life Coordinator and 1 Administrative Assistant in the Apartment area. Indirectly supervised 30 RA’s, 4 Apartment CA’s and 4 Assistant Resident Directors.
- Coordinated professional and student staff training programs.
- Coordinated professional and student staff recruitment and selection processes.
- Heard university level student conduct cases.
- Coordinated student contract appeal hearings and early arrival process.
- Served as primary liaison between Residence Life and other Student Affairs Offices.
- Helped develop and implement Student Housing Marketing plan.
- Updated all training and procedure manuals.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Office of Residence Life, May 2000- February 2003
- Supervised 5 full-time Resident Directors, 3 professional Secretaries, and one Graduate Student. Indirectly supervised 49 RA’s and 50 student Desk Clerks.
- Oversaw and administrated area budgets in excess of $800,000.
- Promoted student learning through collaboration with our Unit One Living-Learning center.
- Facilitated Area Team meetings comprised of staff from Maintenance, Building Service, Food Service, and Residential Life, as well as student representatives from the area.
- Heard student judicial, contract, and damage appeals.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Office of Residence Life, July 1997- May 2000
West Chester University, Office of Residence Life and Housing, July 1996-May 1997
- Directed a traditional residence hall of 420-485 undergraduate students.
- Selected, supervised, trained, and evaluated a staff of 10-12 Resident Advisors and 2 office staff.
- Served as primary judicial hearing officer.
- Acted as senior advisor to hall council.
- Served as facility administrator, including working with custodial and maintenance staff.
- Managed budgets totaling $7,000-$10,000.
- Wichita State University Leadership Academy Fellow, 2017
- Wichita State University HRL Value of Inclusion Award, 2017
- GLACUHO Outstanding Program (Top Ten) Award Winner- 2001 Conference
- AIMHO Top Five Program Presenter Award- 2005 Conference
- 2011 Housing & Residential Educational Excellence in Service Award
- Student Affairs Diversity Council Diversity Certificate
- AIMHO Senior Housing Officers Workshop
- University of Utah Human Resource Training and Development Management Essentials Certificate
- University of Utah Human Resource Training and Development Directors Essentials Certificate
- 2012 Housing & Residential Education Value of Respect Award
- 2012 Association of Intermountain Housing Officers Outstanding Mid-Level Professional Award
- 2012 NASPA Utah Outstanding Mid-Level Professional Award
COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION AND OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- University Care Team member
- Strategic Enrollment Management planning team member
- Crisis Management Team member
- Dining Services Advisory Committee
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Housing & Residential Education Social Justice Committee Chair/Member
- Housing & Residential Education Training and Morale Committee Member
- University of Utah Shakeout (earthquake preparedness simulation) scenario planning committee member
- Department Opening and Closing Committee Chair
- AIMHO Program Committee
- University of Utah ACCESS Committee
- University of Utah Asia Campus Enrollment Management Planning Committee
Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan
- College Student Affairs Leadership graduate student program training and development committee
- Liberal Arts Education co-curricular program development committee
- Diversity Summit
- Housing and Residence Life Strategic Planning Committee
- Oshkosh Placement Exchange, NASPA and ACPA Recruitment Team Coordinator/Co-Coordinator
- Honors and Parent Orientation Presenter
- GLACUHO Social Justice Education Committee and program presenter
- Team Against Bias committee member
Boise State University, Boise, Idaho
- Social Justice Training Institute Participant
- International Student Recruitment and Retention Committee
- AIMHO Diversity Committee Member
- Campus Orientation Implementation Team
- Oshkosh Placement Exchange Recruitment Team Coordinator, 3 years
- Suicide and Depression Prevention Education and Socially Isolated Student Outreach Committee
- Alcohol Awareness Week Committee
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Illinois
- Oshkosh Placement Exchange Recruitment Team Member, 4 years. Team Leader 2001, 2002
- ACUHO-I Talking Stick Production Committee
- Conference Coordinator, 2 summers
- Multicultural Three year plan committee
- GLACUHO Awards and Recognition Committee, 2 years
- Volunteer Youth Basketball Coach, 2 years
- Habitat for Humanity Student Project Steering Committee
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Durrell Activities Center Program Director, Graduate Assistantship
- Associate Hall Director, Graduate Assistantship
- Journal of Student Affairs in Higher Education Committee, 2 years
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Resident Advisor, 2 years
- National Residence Hall Honorary