Mandie oversees the Business Operations team for Housing and Residence Life. This includes Administration, Assignments, Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Business Processes. Mandie has been in her role at Wichita State for 3 years.
Master of Education- August 2014
Program: Higher Educational Administration
Specialization: Student Affairs
University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
Bachelor of Arts- May 2007
Majors: Organizational Communication & Sociology
Minor: Speech Communication
Doane College, Crete, NE
Specialized Trainings & Technical Skills
- ATIXA Trained Title IX Investigator (Levels 1 -3)
- Bystander Intervention Training
- ASIST Suicide Prevention Training
- Banner Financial Management and Information Systems
- Ellucian\Datatel Information Programs
- R25 Room Reservation Software
- StarRez Housing Software Power User
Associate Director for Business Operations February 2016 - Present
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- Serve as member of department Leadership Team providing guidance to department initiatives, goals, and strategic planning, while ensuring day-to-day operations continue effectively without interruption.
- Produce and maintain all departmental application and occupancy reports through StarRez Housing Software; disseminating information to appropriate university staff as requested.
- Oversight of all assignment processes and occupancy planning, including necessary updates of policies and procedures; contract terms and conditions; and room assignment/selection processes and timeline for each application period.
- Cooperatively determine overall budget planning for the department including but not limited to determining appropriate housing rates and fees based upon occupancy plan and forecasting; estimating and reviewing department expenditures; and creation of balanced budget projection based off anticipated revenue & expenses.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director regarding department marketing initiatives such as promotional materials, internal/external communications, and marketing campaigns; as well as speak or present to internal and external constituents on behalf of the department.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of four (4), full-time Business Operations staff members including Assignments Coordinator, Coordinator of Business Processes (Accounting & HR), Coordinator of Housing Software Systems, and Administrative Support Specialist.
- Serve in Administrator on-call rotation with three (3) other Associate/Assistant Directors.
Assistant Director of Residence Life February 2008 - January 2016
Dakota State University, Madison, SD
- Manage all housing assignment processes, including: manual pairing and assignment of new and transfer students; fall housing verification and spring selection process for returning students; monitor housing contract administration for the academic year, during breaks, and for the summer housing program; and determine the eligibility of off campus requests, coordinating the Housing Exemption Committee.
- Produce and maintain all departmental occupancy reports through an in-house report system.
- Develop and construct the departmental curriculum model (in progress); monitoring department-wide educational initiatives, including those facilitated through the First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) Program and the Next Experience Program, ensuring the commitment to the pillars of the curriculum.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process of new and returning resident assistants.
- Cooperatively plan, coordinate, and facilitate Residence Life professional and student staff training.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of four (4), full-time Residence Hall Directors.
- Monitor the management of residence hall budgets, including staff and hall council expenses.
- Analyze and evaluate needed changes in department policies, data collection, reporting, staff training, supervision, and evaluation; and make recommendations for strategic initiatives based on assessment of overall program results.
- Provide leadership to the Student Services Center office complex, including student support and customer service with regard to Residence Life, Dining Services, Student Activities, Card Services, Student Union, and student mail service inquiries; cooperatively supervise up to five (5) work-study student office assistants, and processing all department expenditures and invoices.
Professional Development & Service
Wichita State University
- Conduct Hearing Board (2016-present)
Kansas Student Affairs Professionals
- Conferences (2017, 2018)
Association of University and College and Housing Officers- International
- Conferences (2013)
- Upper Midwest Regional Conferences (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011*, 2012*, 2013, 2014*, 2015,
2016, 2017*, 2018*)
- Professional Development and Training Committee (2008-2012)
- Executive Committee (2013-2015; 2019-present)
- Secretary (2013-2015)
- Treasurer (2019-present)
- Membership Involvement Committee (2016-2017)
- Sponsors & Exhibits Committee (2018)
Omega Psi Theta (social sorority) Alumni Association
- Co-Founding Member (2011)
- Association Secretary\Treasurer (2011-2013)
- Member (2011-present)
American Cancer Society
- Sedgwick County Relay for Life Event
- Entertainment Committee (2016)
- Online Events Committee Chair (2017)
- Lake County Relay for Life Event
- Team Recruitment & Development Committee Chair (2008-2013)
- Accounting & Logistics (2015)
- Participant (2008-2017)
- South Dakota Roundtable (2009, 2010*, 2011)
Dakota State University
- Student Success Committee (2013-present)
- Career Service Association- Vice President (2009); President (2010); Member (2008-2013)
- Colleges Against Cancer- Advisor/Co-Founder (2008-2013); Participant (2008-present)
American College Personnel Association
- SDCPA Conference Planning Team (2010, 2011)
- South Dakota Conferences (2009, 2010*, 2011*)
*presented educational sessions