Accepting Credit Card Payments
Policies and Procedures:
Statement of the University's policy for handling credit card data.
View the PCI Payment Compliance Overview Powerpoint in PDF here:
Financial Operations statement of procedures for University departments accepting credit cards.
Participating WSU departments are assessed a fee. All employees in a department who will be working with credit card transactions are required to complete FERPA and annual credit card acceptance training. The department must provide an active dedicated ethernet port (only credit card transactions may be run from this network location).
If your department is interested in accepting credit card payments, please contact Accounts Receivable.
- Touchnet Cashiering (CME) - for in-person or "card present" transactions. The department would have a credit card swipe machine and the customer would sign for the transaction. (Dedicated port required.)
- Touchnet Marketplace UPAY and USTORE - for online or "card-not-present" transactions. These transactions require card holder billing address and cvv verification. (Dedicated port required if payments are accepted on campus.)
Forms and Links:
- WSU Credit Card Incident Response Plan
- Template for Inter-Office Departmental Credit Card Procedures
- Acceptance of Credit Card Payments by Non-WSU Merchants
Wichita State University abides by the payment card industry (PCI) standards known as PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard). The goal of these standards is to protect credit card information of students, staff, faculty and community members who use their credit card to purchase goods or services offered by any Wichita State University department or organization.
All employees involved in the collection, processing, storage or transmission of credit card information must participate in an annual training program that reviews the PCI-DSS standards and the specific credit card processes of Wichita State University.
Prior to receiving access to the software applications used in the processing of credit cards at Wichita State University, you will be required to complete an online training. Contact Accounts Receivable with any questions or problems.
* This link leaves the WSU Accounts Receivable website.