Student Terms Defined


U.S. Dollars only

Cashier's Check

Please write the student's myWSU ID on all cashiers checks.

Check (Personal)

Checks must be payable to Wichita State University. Check must include printed name, address, and phone number. Please write the student's myWSU ID on the memo line of the check. Two-party checks are not accepted. Checks not made payable to Wichita State University (whether business, personal, scholarship, etc.) are considered two-party. Electronic check payments can also be made securely through the Student Account Suite* website. More information for electronic check payment is provided below.
Note: Personal and electronic checks are acceptable unless two returned checks have been received for that student account. There is a $30 fee charged for all returned checks.

Scholarship checks from private foundations or organizations must be made payable to Wichita State University. Checks that require endorsement by both the student and the University delay disbursement of funds. If the Sponsor requires that the check be made payable to both the student and Wichita State University, the Sponsor should mail the check directly to the student for endorsement. After endorsing the check, the student needs to mail or bring the check to the Office of Financial Aid, Room 203, Jardine Hall. If the Sponsor sends a check to Financial Aid made payable only to the student, the check will be returned to the Sponsor.

Please have the Sponsor include the following information with the check:

  • Student's full name
  • Student's myWSU ID number
  • Semester or academic year and number of hours that the payment covers
  • Sponsor's full address printed on the check

Scholarship checks should be mailed to:
Wichita State University
Office of Financial Aid, Box 24
1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0024

Checking/Savings (Electronic)

Electronic check payments (checking/savings) can be securely debited from your account by going to your Student Account Suite* website and selecting the electronic checking/savings option. You will need your account number and routing number in order to make your payment.
To pay with your debit card as an electronic check, you will use the checking/savings account number (not the number on your debit card) with the routing number. Only checks drawn on U.S. banks, savings and loans,and credit unions may be used. By selecting the electronic check option, you will not be assessed the 2.85% service fee that a credit card will be charged.

The numbers on debit cards are not the numbers required with routing numbers for electronic check/savings account payments. To use the numbers on your debit card, you will need to choose the credit card payment method which will incur the 2.85% fee.

Payees are responsible to provide the correct account and routing information.

Note: Personal and electronic checks are acceptable unless two (2) returned checks have been received for that student account. The saved payment method (including direct deposit information) will be deleted and the student will no longer be allowed to pay by check payment method. There is a $30 fee charged for all returned checks.

Credit and Debit Cards - Online Only

(American Express, BCcard, CarteBlanche, ChinaUnionPay, Dina Card, DinersClub, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and Visa)

  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • The Accounts Receivable Office cannot accept in-person credit or debit card payments for student account charges. These payments are made by going to the Student Account Suite* website to pay through our Touchnet PayPath Payment Service.
  • TouchNet assesses and collects a credit card (includes debit cards used as credit cards) service fee of 2.85%. This fee is charged at the time of processing and will be included in the total payment amount.

TouchNet is the third party vendor with whom Wichita State University has contracted to provide and process secure online payment activity. This vendor has the expertise in online payment systems to meet all security and privacy issues and meets the banking and credit card industry compliance requirements. Our contract with them ensures that the processes are compliant with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act.

Financial Aid

Any loans, scholarships or grants that the student has accepted will be automatically applied to the student's account.

Flywire - International Payments

Wichita State University international students can utilize Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) to streamline the international tuition payment process. With Flywire, you can pay from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency. They offer excellent foreign exchange rates, eliminate hidden fees, and ensure your full payment amount and identifying information arrive intact to Wichita State. You can track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when the school receives your payment.

Go to* to begin the payment process or to learn more.

Health Insurance

The Kansas Board of Regents has contracted a health insurance plan for all students attending Kansas State Universities. If you do not have health insurance, this plan may be an affordable option for you. The plan offers coverage for students that are required to have health insurance. Graduate students holding a graduate assistantship may be eligible for the State of Kansas to pay a portion of their premium.

Eligibility requirements, benefits and premium costs can be found in the information booklet at Student Health Services*.

If you would prefer to use another insurance company that provides you with equal or greater coverage, you will need to obtain a Medical Insurance Waiver*.

Students MUST apply for the health insurance waiver every semester they are enrolled at WSU AND before each semester's deadline date.

Holds for Unpaid Fees

Accounts Receivable will place a hold on a student account when there is an unpaid balance. This will prevent a student from receiving a transcript (unofficial or official) or a diploma and from future enrollment.


Please visit Accounts Receivable in Financial Operations which is located on the second floor of Jardine Hall in room 201 to pay with third-party checks, cashier checks, money orders, or cash.

You will need your Shocker Card or any other photo ID when doing business in person. If you are paying in person and wish to pay with a credit card or set up a payment plan, you will need your myWSU ID and password and will be directed to a provided kiosk. Assistance is available upon request.

Late Fees

All accounts with a balance greater than $150 from tuition, enrollment related fees, or housing charges assessed in the current term will incur a $100 late fee on the first business day after the published payment due date. The payment due date for tuition and enrollment related fees will coincide with the Financial Aid Office’s consensus date, the Registrar’s Office late enrollment date, and the Financial Operations’ Office 100 percent refund date. The payment due date for housing charges is stated in the housing contract.

All delinquent accounts with a balance due greater than $150 from tuition, enrollment related fees, or housing charges will incur a late payment fee of $100 ninety calendar days into the current term.


Check payments can be mailed to Wichita State University, Accounts Receivable, 1845 Fairmount, Box 38, Wichita, KS 67260-0038. Please be sure to include the student myWSU ID on your personal check, money order, or cashier check.

Note: Personal and electronic checks are acceptable unless two returned checks have been received for that student account. There is a $30 fee charged for all returned checks.

Money Order

Please write the student's myWSU ID on all money orders.


In order to view up-to-date account information, make online payments, or setup current semester payment plans, WSU students are required to use the Student Account Suite. We have added this feature to improve our service to you. This service is available by logging into your MyWSU account.* 
Return to How To Pay.

Parents/Authorized Users - Make A Payment

Students can give others (parents, employers, etc.) the ability to access their account information. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), their student financial records may not be shared with a third party without their written consent. Adding an authorized user is their written consent that an individual may view their account information and make payments on their behalf. Please note that authorized users DO NOT have access to their student's stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information. This service is available by logging into the Authorized User login.*

Payment Plan

WSU offers a payment plan for course/semester related fees. A payment plan must be completed online in the Student Account Suite.* A non-refundable down payment of $100 and a non-refundable setup fee of $30 are due when setting up your payment plan. The remaining balance is to be paid in equal payments over the remainder of the semester.

  • Summer - June 15th, July 15th
  • Fall - September 15th, October 15th, November 15th
  • Spring - February 15th, March 15th, April 15th

Note: In the setup of the payment plan, if you do not wish the payments to automatically pay from your checking/savings account, please be sure to select NO where asked if you want to schedule automatic payments.

Outstanding debts, fines or housing charges cannot be a part of the online payment plan. Housing charges are automatically set up into a separate payment plan.

Student and Campus Infrastructure & Support Fees

Please see the links below for more details on tuition and fees.

Comprehensive Fee Schedule*

Tuition and Mandatory Fees*

Third Party Billing

Wichita State University will invoice outside organizations (sponsors) for charges which the sponsor has agreed to pay in support of a student. This process is called Third Party Contract. Third Party Contracts provide the ability for WSU to pay outstanding charges during a specific term. Outstanding charges are defined as amounts owed after grants, scholarships, and/or waivers have been applied. To be considered for the Third Party process, students must forward a voucher or company form to Accounts Receivable.

If an outside agency requires a signed contract, please forward to:

Wichita State University
Accounts Receivable - Third Party Billing
1845 Fairmount, Box 38
Wichita, KS 67260-0038

The contract will go through the following WSU process:

  1. Contract will be reviewed by Accounts Receivable Accountant III and Director, Student and Accounts Receivable
  2. Recommendation will be forwarded to Director of Financial Operations
  3. Contract with the recommendation will be forwarded to the University General Counsel per WSU Policies and Procedures 1.04 Execution of Contracts.*
  4. Accounts Receivable Accountant III will follow up

We value our relationship with sponsors. Sponsors will be granted access to TouchNet SponsorPoint which allows sponsors to see and manage the details of the account 24/7. Below is a video to help demonstrate SponsorPoint:

Introduction to TouchNet SponsorPoint Video*
SponsorPoint Frequently Asked Questions

Military Tuition Assistance

Tuition assistance may be offered through the various branches of the military. For information on these programs, students should contact the Education Office of their unit. The Veterans Benefit Services office does not process any paperwork relating to the tuition assistance.

Members of a Kansas Air or Army National Guard unit should apply online at the Kansas Board of Regents website.

Military Helpful Links:

Title IV

To use financial aid money to pay non-institutional debts owed the University, please visit* to electronically complete the Title IV Authorization Release form.

Unpaid Fees

Students who leave WSU without meeting financial obligations to the University will have their records impounded by the Registrar. No transcripts (unofficial or official) or diplomas will be released until the account balance is paid in full, and no new enrollments allowed until past due fees are paid. Any student eligible to graduate but with an unpaid account balance will not graduate until the balance is paid.

How will I receive my refund and when?

Refunds are applied to account balances first. If no account balance is due, refunds are processed with the following priority:

  1. Credited to credit cards
  2. Direct deposit
  3. Paper checks mailed within the United States

Please ensure your current address is on file with the WSU Registrar's Office. Please wait a week to ten days from the date your refund appears on your WSU account before contacting Accounts Receivable about your refund. Direct deposit refunds can take three to five business days, depending on your bank. Refund checks processed by mail can take five to seven business days.

How do I set up direct deposit?

To set up direct deposit, go to*, select the "My Finances" tab, Student Account Suite, eRefunds tab. Select "Set Up an Account". Under the drop down for "Account Type", choose your account type (checking or savings) and enter your bank information.

I didn’t set up direct deposit, how will I receive my refund?

Paper check disbursements are issued in cases where direct deposit information is not on file for a student. Checks will be mailed to the student's home address. Does the University have your current address on file?

To verify/change your home address, go to*, select the "Student Resources" tab, and then click on the link to Self-Service. Inside Self-Service, click on "Personal Information", then click on "View Addresses and Phones" and follow the instructions.

To comply with 34 CFR 668.164(i) regulation, students are to come to Room 201 Jardine Hall and receive a paper check in the event that funds have not been received by the seventh day of the payment period and the following criteria have been met 34 CFR 668.164 pub:

I did not set up direct deposit and forgot to update my mailing address, what will happen to my refund?

Refund checks mailed to an incorrect mailing address will have to wait 10 business days until the refund can be reissued or until the refund check is returned to Accounts Receivable, whichever comes first. To avoid delays in receiving your financial aid refund set up direct deposit.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If the payee did not endorse and cash a refund check, the fraudulent check affidavit (Fraudulent Check Affidavit Form) would need to be completed by the payee and taken to Commerce Bank located in the Rhatigan Student Center.

Refund checks not cashed within 120 days of issuance are not valid. These checks will be put on stop payment and cannot be cashed. Federal loans must be returned to the issuing lender if checks are not cashed.

How will I receive my bill?

Your account information is available online. You are responsible for checking your account and paying balances when due. Students receive email notifications monthly at their WSU email address as electronic bills are posted. Currently enrolled students will not receive a paper bill.

***NOTE: Students are responsible for any late payment fees received due to missing payment deadlines.

When is my bill due?

All semester fees, including laboratory fees, are due and payable in full at registration unless a payment plan has been set up. Please check your MyWSU e-mail for your monthly statement. Your bill is also available in your Student Account Suite under View Current Activity. Failure to receive a bill does not relieve students from payment responsibilities.

How will financial aid appear on my account?

Any authorized aid or pending aid will appear as a credit and a negative number on your account.

What charges could be on my account?

Any monetary amount that you owe the University including tuition, fees, campus infrastructure and support fees, room/board charges, health insurance charges, library fines and fees, Student Health charges, parking fines, etc.


* This link leaves the WSU Accounts Receivable website.