If the student needs scanned books for class, we ask that the student first check with Learning Ally (formerly Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic (RFB&D). If the student is not a member of Learning Ally, ODS has the contact information and can help the student complete the application process. If a student cannot obtain the book from Learning Ally, ODS will provide the book in an alternative format for the student.
When the student requests a book be scanned by ODS, the student will need to provide the following information:
- Book title
- Course number
- Line number
- Name of instructor
- Voice Preferences
All requests should be submitted to Disability Services during the intake with the Director or the Assistant Director. This will allow ODS the time needed to process your request. Books will be completed in the order that requests are received.
- CD's will contain multiple chapters in word format.
- Each chapter will be a separate file.
- If a student needs materials in an MP3 format, each chapter will be a separate MP3 file.
- Students should meet and determine voice and speed of the MP3 format at the beginning of the semester.
- If CD's are not correct, students should contact ODS immediately.
- ODS will work to get materials to students as quickly as possible.