Disability Services: The following services are available and based on the determination of accommodations by the Director.
- Reader and/or writer who adheres to DS test proctoring policies and procedures, and to the WSU Student Academic Integrity Policy Statement.
- Sign language interpreter
- Enlarged, brailled, or recorded test
- Auxiliary aids and/or assistive technology
- Extended time -- a maximum of double the time allowed for the class (exceptions will only be made on a case-by-case basis).
- Academic aids that are permitted by the instructor.
- Private or group testing room without distracting noise or interruptions, and is environmentally accommodating according to the student's documented disability.
- Meet with the student at the beginning of the semester to discuss accommodations listed on the Testing Accommodation Form.
- A Test Authorization Form will be sent to you by the Testing Coordinator and will need to be completed and returned prior to the first test.
- Contact the Disability Services Test Coordinator if there are questions or concerns about the Test Authorization or the student's need for testing accommodations.
- Students will complete a test request form with Disability Services three (3) business days prior to all quizzes and exams.
- Enclose with each exam any special instructions or procedures for the student to follow during the exam.
- Either send exams and quizzes through email, hand-deliver, or use the Digital Dropbox at least 3 hours before the scheduled exam.
- Complete an intake with the director or assistant director at the beginning of each semester to obtain DS service forms.
- Schedule an appointment with instructor at the beginning of the semester to discuss the Testing Accommodation letter.
- Openly communicate your test accommodation needs with your instructor.
- Inform the instructor of your class schedule when completing the Testing Accommodation form so the instructor can determine when you will take the class exams at DS.
- Notify instructor and DS test coordinator three (3) business days before each exam that you will be taking the exam at Disability Services.
- If you miss an exam, please contact the instructor within 24 hours and ask the instructor to contact the Testing Coordinator to reschedule the exam.
- Student must contact Test Coordinator 24 hours prior to a scheduled exam at DS if student decides to take exam in class, will miss the exam, or if an exam has been canceled or rescheduled.
- Check out the Student Code of Conduct to see WSU's policy on academic dishonesty.
- Completed Test Authorizations must be on file in the Disability Services Office for each class.
- If a student arrives late for the exam, the student will only be given the allotted extended time as indicated on the exam.
- Bookbags, cellphones, coats, purses, or any unauthorized academic aids will not be allowed in the testing room.
- Test proctors will not explain, clarify or express opinions concerning materials on the test.
- Exam will be discontinued if student becomes ill, engages in inappropriate behavior, or is found to be cheating.
- If a student misses an exam, they should contact their instructor within 24 hours and ask the instructor to contact the Testing Coordinator to reschedule the exam.
- The student must contact the Testing Coordinator 24 hours prior to a scheduled exam at DS if the student decides to take exam in class, will miss the exam, or if an exam has been canceled or rescheduled.
- All students must adhere to the WSU Student Code of Conduct.