Basic Life Insurance
Basic life insurance is provided by Wichita State University at no cost to all benefits-eligible employees. The employee automatically has coverage of 150% of the employee's annual base salary. Example: An employee with a base annual salary of $20,000 has a life insurance coverage of $30,000.
It is the employee's responsibility to complete/update and return the correct Basic Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation Form to Wichita State University's Office of Human Resources. If not beneficiary has been designation, any claim paid will default to the decedent's estate.
- KBOR (Kansas Board of Regents) Member's Basic Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation Form
- KPERS (Kansas Public Employee Retirement System) Member's Basic Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation Form
Supplemental Life Insurance Coverage Options
There are currently two optional life insurance and one accidental death and dismemberment plan options available for purchase. Employees may enroll in both plans, or just one. Employee-only, spouse, or child coverage is available with both plans. These plans are detailed in the enrollment forms listed below. Coverage under The Standard Insurance Company can be transitioned to an individual life insurance option upon separation from employment.
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance Options:
- The Standard Insurance Company
- Advance Insurance Company of Kansas