The OHR 100/Request to Fill form is used to request a search for any non-benefits eligible university support staff or unclassified (state or affiliated corporation) position with Wichita State University.

  1. Place an X in the box to indicate whether the position is for state or affiliated corporation.
  2. Complete the prepared by information with your name, campus phone number and the date the paperwork is prepared.
  3. The eligibility section should be completed to indicate whether or not the position would involve shift differential and what shift the new employee would be required to work. This section must also indicate whether or not the position is benefits eligible. A position must be at least .5 FTE to be eligible for employee benefits (such as retirement and health insurance).
  4. The comments section may be used for any notes to clarify the request or to identify sources of funding outside the base budget for the organization.
  5. The reason code is to be selected from the following list of codes to note the reason the position is vacant (i.e. the status of the previous employee in the position). Wichita State University is one employer – transfer and/or promotion to another organization within the University is not a resignation from the current organization.
    • CTU -- University Support Staff to Unclassified
    • DEA -- Deceased
    • DEM -- Demotion (left for a lower paid position on campus)
    • DIS -- Dismissal (involuntary resignation)
    • EOA -- End of Appointment (met maximum hours or time span of position)
    • LAY -- Layoff
    • LTD -- Long Term Disability (organization is notified by OHR Benefits when LTD has been approved)
    • NEW -- New Position (no previous employee in the position)
    • OTH -- Explain in "Comments" if other than codes described
    • PRO -- Promotion (took a higher paid position on campus)
    • RES -- Resignation (voluntarily left University employment)
    • RET -- Retired
    • TEM -- Temporary
    • TTA -- Transfer to Another Agency (transferred to position in another state agency)
    • TTR -- Temporary to Regular
    • TWI -- Transfer from Within (took another position on campus at the same level)
    • UTC -- Unclassified to University Support Staff
  6. Place an X in the type of position section to show whether the vacancy is a full or part-time position. If it is part-time, note the percentage of FTE (i.e. .50, .75). If the position's status is a University Support Staff limited term or Unclassified contingent and/or temporary position, the from and to dates must be indicated for the appointment dates.
  7. Next indicate whether the vacancy is University Support Staff or Unclassified and the defined status within that category and the length of the appointment.
    • University Support Staff:
      • Exempt or Non-Exempt - check one to indicate whether or not the position is eligible for overtime pay. Position Description must accompany form and be reviewed by Human Resources for FLSA determination of exempt, non-exempt status before position can be filled.
      • Regular – a benefits eligible position with no restrictions on the hours of employment.
      • Limited Term Regular - a position that is scheduled to terminate within a predetermined period of time. Individuals in a limited-term position shall be terminated on the end date of that position, subject to any extensions of the limited-term position. Note appointment dates as noted in #6 above. (Organizations should use the OHR 120/Research Request to Fill for grant funded limited term positions.)
      • Temporary – position is not benefits eligible and is limited to not more than 999 hours of employment in a 12-month period.
    • Unclassified:
      • Faculty:
        • Temporary – appointment for specified period only with no expectation of reappointment.
        • Probationary – appointment that may, on the basis of continuing satisfactory performance, lead to review for the award of tenure. Carries no expectation or promise that review for the award of tenure will be undertaken or awarded. Reviewed annually and will not be continued for more than 7 years.
        • Tenured – appointment which is renewed annually unless faculty member is dismissed.
      • Professional:
        • Exempt or Non-Exempt - check one to indicate whether or not the unclassified professional position is exempt (salaried) or non-exempt (hourly). Position Description must accompany form and be reviewed by Human Resources for FLSA determination of exempt or non-exempt status before position can be filled.
        • Temporary – appointment for a fixed period of time.
        • Contingent - appointment for a fixed period of time, usually funded from restricted use funds or by grants.
        • Provisional – appointment (not to exceed 3 years) which can lead to regular status.
        • Regular – appointment for those who have completed a provisional appointment.
        • Executive – appointment which is held at the pleasure of the president.
      • Instruction - check the box to indicate if this position doesn't involve teaching or, if it does involve teaching, check the box indicating whether it's more or less than half-time.
        Length of appointment:
        • 9 month – academic year appointment.
        • 10 month – academic year appointment.
        • 12 month – fiscal year appointment.
        • Term (Other) – only to be used for unclassified temp at the request of the EEO.
  8. In the University Support Staff section, note the grade and step of the vacancy to be filled and the hourly salary for non-exempt and the other amount (normally bi-weekly) for exempt University Support Staff openings. Call the Office of Human Resources at ext. 3065 if there are any questions.
  9. Complete the organization and position information. If a current position is to be filled, indicate the position number in the designated box. If a new position is being requested, leave the position number blank and the budget office will assign a position number. Complete the proposed funding source(s) and, if unclassified, the salary section.
  10. Indicate the desired date to be filled and if the position has a previous or present employee or if this is a new position.
  11. The Budget Review Officer of the organization is to sign and date the form. The organization should make and retain one copy and send the original to the University Budget Office, Campus Box #47. If the organization is in the division of Academic Affairs and Research, the OHR 100 and supporting documentation should be forwarded to the Office of the Provost and Sr. Vice President, campus box #13, attention Dr. Tony Vizzini.
  12. The University Budget Office will process and forward the form to the appropriate president/vice president for review and authorized signature. The form will then be returned to the University Budget Office for distribution as noted on the bottom of the form.

OHR 100/Request to Fill

Reviewed: 08/12/14