The OHR 310/Lecturer Appointment is used to appoint an individual to a lecturer position at WSU. Do not use this form for an unclassified professional, research or summer session appointment at WSU.
- Complete the prepared by information with your name, campus phone number and the date the paperwork is typed.
- Place an X in the box to indicate the type of appointment in either lecturer or academic lecturer.
- The employee information section must include full name of the employee, myWSU ID#, home address, and campus address. Note: The name and WSU ID# of the supervisor of employee are required.
- In the comments section, a mark in the "Background check completed" box indicates that HR has notified the organization of a satisfactory report from the background check and this section may be used for any notes to clarify the appointment, but must be used for re-employment or transfer from another agency.
- The employee information section must include full name of the employee, myWSU ID#, home address, and campus address. Did this individual teach the fall/spring semester immediately preceding; if yes, how many regularly scheduled hours? Did individual transfer from another state agency?
- Documentation of English language proficiency must be on file with the department as noted in the Policies & Procedures Manual 3.09 / English Language Proficiency. Check "yes" to confirm the document is on file.
- Enter degree information and date awarded, if applicable.
- Enter salary/funding information where indicated. Be sure to note whether appointment is to receive one payment or biweekly payments.
- Leave the position number blank as the position number will be assigned by the University Budget Office.
- Complete the appointment FTE (full time equivalency) of academic lecturer (if known), payment amount, whether it is General Use or Restricted Use funding with the funding source fund number.
- Complete the assignment section to indicate course title, section number, course number and credit hours for each course to be taught.
- The Budget Review Officer of the organization is to sign and date the form. The organization should make and retain one copy and send the original to the University Budget Office, campus box #47. If the organization is in the division of Academic Affairs and Research, the OHR 310 and supporting documentation should be forwarded to the Office of the Provost and Sr. Vice President, campus box #13, attention Dr. Tony Vizzini.
- The University Budget Office will forward the form to the appropriate president/vice president for review and the form will then be returned to the University Budget Office for distribution as noted on the bottom of the form.