An agency may be used to secure a temporary employee when the hiring department does not have a person in mind to fill a temporary opening.
Checklist for Hiring a State Temp
1. The hiring manager should complete the appropriate agency request form, which provides information concerning the position to be filled. Once completed you will need to secure all required approvals.
a. Clerical Request form (links to forms index)
b. Industrial Technology Request form (links to forms index)
c. Trades Request form (links to forms index)
2. The hiring manager should note the rate of pay for positions as outlined on the following pay charts. The rate of pay listed here is the billing rate for the agency, not what the employee will receive as an hourly wage.
a. Administrative Temporary Pay Chart
b. Information Technology Temporary Pay Chart
c. Trades & Light Industrial Temporary Pay Chart
3. The completed form should be emailed to Julie Windham in Human Resources. In the email, please include the following information:
a. Actual work schedule (ex 8 am to 2 pm).
b. Whether you would like to interview candidates or have the agency select a candidate for you.
c. Any other special requirements for position not included on the request form.
4. Human Resources will coordinate with the temp agencies and secure candidates for interview or a candidate for placement, depending on the hiring manager’s preference.
5. If the hiring manager is interviewing, Human Resources will work with as a liaison to the agency in getting interviews scheduled.
6. Once a candidate is selected, Human Resources will work with the agency to ensure that a background check is complete and a start date is set.
7. Agency temps will not need to report to Human Resources on the first day of work. They will, however, need to complete the Employee Information sheet (link to sheet). This form should be completed on the first day of work and emailed to Joan Antes.
8. If Banner access is required for the agency temp, please contact Lyndsay Pletcher (316-978-6151) in Human Resources.
|All instructions are based on general procedures. College/Department or Divisional direction should be followed when instructions differ.|
Talent Acquisition Team
Reviewed: 03/30/2015 JW
Revised: 03/27/2018 DC