Non-Benefit Eligible Hire Information
The Non-Benefit Eligible Hire Form is used to provide Human Resources with the information needed to complete the hiring process for non-benefit eligible employees including Students (Regular, Federal Work Study, and Graduate Assistantship), Lecturers, and Temporary employees. The form must be filled out in its entirety to ensure accuracy when hiring the employee. (More information is found in the Non-Benefit Eligible Hire Form Instructions).
- Once the form is completed by the hiring department (“Department Contact”), it is submitted to Human Resources. An email is sent from HR to the employee, with the Department Contact copied on the email, notifying the employee of the link to access the new employee paperwork. The employee and the Department Contact will also receive an automated email from Onboard (the system which houses the new employee paperwork) with the link to the new employee paperwork and the instructions to access the electronic new hire paperwork.
- Employees must complete the electronic new employee paperwork prior to the first day of work.
- The Department Contact receives email notification and an assigned task in Onboard when the ePAF can be submitted.
- The employee receives automated notification from Onboard when they have completed their electronic new employee paperwork, which reminds the employee to provide the supporting documents for the Form I-9 in-person to Human Resources.
- The Department Contact receives email notification and an assigned task in Onboard when the employee has completed all required hiring steps. The assigned task can be approved in the Department Contact’s Onboard dashboard.
- The Department Contact may check the status of the employee’s completion of Onboard at any time by accessing their Onboard dashboard.
Revised: 08/29/2018 DC